July and have yet to swim!

This thread is the ultimate example of what makes TFP so great. Moderators are checking in giving advice people are being so encouraging and you have a green swamp pool turning into a crystal clear blue oasis.

Simply awesome. Thanks TFP and best of luck finishing your SLAM I will be watching this one closely.
Sincerely, everyone on here is great. If you read back you'll see how frustrated I was becoming but the folks here figured out I had the wrong CYA. Amazing and not something I would've figured out. It's such a learning process.
It was in the 100's the last few days in Chicagoland and I was SOOO tempted to go to a pool store and buy all the chemicals to bomb the pool out. I was so frustrated. But instead I posted here and with everyone's help I'm making progress.
Woohoo!!

I am SO glad you held out and stuck with the SLAM. The only thing that would have happened if you had gone to buy the pool store out is your wallet would be a LOT lighter and your pool no better off and maybe even worse off :/ :hug: you go this as seen by the BLUE!! and sighting of the bottom!!!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Jaylakay
I brought the pool up to FC 16 around 10pm and right now it's at 15 without adding anything. It only dropped by one in just over 12 hours. The CC is at 0, it didn't turn pink. Does this mean I'm almost done? This is what I'm looking for right? Am I maintaining it for awhile at this level?

So if the FC drops by 1ppm or less overnight, and your CC is under 1, then you're at 2/3 qualifications to stop the SLAM. At this point pretty much everything in there is dead. You just need to let your filter do the work to clear it out. What kind of filter is the Voyager Pro? A quick Google search didn't help me figure it out.

We recommend keeping the SLAM levels until the water is clear, just to be sure there's not something lurking in there that is being suppressed by the high chlorine levels that you can't see due to the cloudiness. But if it's only the sun burning it off you should be using a lot less. :)

Reactions: kimkats
So if the FC drops by 1ppm or less overnight, and your CC is under 1, then you're at 2/3 qualifications to stop the SLAM. At this point pretty much everything in there is dead. You just need to let your filter do the work to clear it out. What kind of filter is the Voyager Pro? A quick Google search didn't help me figure it out.

We recommend keeping the SLAM levels until the water is clear, just to be sure there's not something lurking in there that is being suppressed by the high chlorine levels that you can't see due to the cloudiness. But if it's only the sun burning it off you should be using a lot less. :)
It's a 150 sq ft cartridge filter. Here's a link to it...

It has one cartridge and covers 150 in an hour and that is the extent of my knowledge.

OK - be sure you're cleaning that out regularly as the PSI jumps by 25% over clean so that you can help your pool get rid of the gunk. :)

My plan today is to stay at SLAM levels. I'll brush and vacuum again, clean off my filter and keep going until tonight. I'll do the overnight test and see where I stand in the morning.
Keep your fingers crossed it's ready for tomorrow, please! Keeping my 11 year old out of it until is proving to be challenging, she thinks it's good and to stop the slam, darn it!

Note that once you can clearly see the bottom of the pool it's safe to swim, so long as the chlorine isn't HIGHER than the SLAM level. :) No need to keep her out!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.