Memphis, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hey everyone, my name is Jay and the wife and I just became first time home owners last week which also included first time pool owners. I have absolutely 0 knowledge about what I need to do, day to day, to maintain a crystal clear pool. What I do know: the previous owner had MidSouth Pools (Memphis, TN) install the pool in 2007, its a salt water gunite pool. Pretty sure its a sand filter and the salt cartridge is fairly new (a year or 2 old). The system is ran by an Aqualogic board. This is the extent of my knowledge, not even sure the exact size of the pool. I have a shed full of pool chemicals/filters that I have no idea what any of it is for and there is a cover in there as well. HaHa. I hope to learn a good bit in here, I am a DIY guy that takes pride in maintaining/fixing things. I work on all my vehicles and am not afraid to maintain a pool but need to get past a big learning curve. I am going to post in the new to pools section also but just wanted to introduce myself here first. If this forum is anything like my motorcycle forum, I know this will be my one stop shop to learn everything there is to learn about a pool. Thanks and I will gladly take any advice that's given.

Welcome to the forum!
When you get a chance take your pool info and put it in a Signature. To estimate size, look at PoolMath. The web version is linked at the bottom of this page.
When you have questions be sure to post them in the appropriate sub forum.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

I am going to work on getting my signature complete today and also going to take pics of everything and do a little research tonight. Thanks for the advice, I will continue reading through the pool school thread.