Jandy VsFloPro v.s. Pentair IntelliFlo, which one is more suitable in my case?

Jun 6, 2016
San Jose
Hello Experts,

I need to upgrade my single speed pump to VSP. The following factors weight heavily for the decision;

1) Quietness. My PB says the VSP needs to run at 2000 to 2400 rpm to pump water to the roof solar panels. When using SPA, need 3450 rpm. He said the latest VSP can be similarly noisy to my current 15year old single speed pump at 3450; however, VSPs are much quieter at 2000RPM.

2) Easy-2-use and reliable control over phone. I'm using CP2000 now btw. I could upgrade my CP2000 to Pentair E/T with the upgrade kit, then buy a CoreLogic2 bundle; or I could use Jandy's compool upgrade kit. Both kits cost about $1K. From on line research it seems Jandy's system is better. The iPhone App iAqualink receives higher rating, too. However, my PB strongly suggests Pentair system.

3) pump reliability.

Any recommendation? Thanks!

Either one will work. It’s Ford vs. Chevy. The Intelliflo VS 011018 seems to be a workhorse. I like Pentair equipment. But then everyone likes what they have.

Eric,

What your pool builder is saying is right on.. (Odd I know... :).. )

Let's make sure we are comparing apples to apples.. The 3 HP IntelliFlo pump can be controlled by the EasyTouch upgrade to your CP2000.. The 1.5HP Pentair SuperFlo VS cannot...

In my opinion, Pentair makes the Gold Standard for pool pumps.. I have three of them that all run 24/7.. One has been running for about 7 years, another about 6 years and the one at my house for about 5 years... If one of them failed today, I would have a new one on my porch tomorrow..

I also have an EasyTouch with ScreenLogic2 and love it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Eric,

I believe Amazon reviews like I do fairy tails... Please realize that people get paid to write fake reviews both good and bad. And what you never see is how many pumps were sold compared to the number of complaints.. It is just not a fair way to compare anything.

If you want real reviews you should use our search function and decide for yourself what pump everyone wants...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Eric,

I believe Amazon reviews like I do fairy tails... Please realize that people get paid to write fake reviews both good and bad. And what you never see is how many pumps were sold compared to the number of complaints.. It is just not a fair way to compare anything.

If you want real reviews you should use our search function and decide for yourself what pump everyone wants...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Makes sense Jim. I’ll buy an intelliflo online.
Thanks for the help.

Just a reminder, all VS pumps need surge protection. The most frequent problem with VS pumps is failure of the electronic drive unit. They have sensitive electronics in them, and must be protected from power surges. In reality it’s a high draw motor with a computer controller attached, that you are placing outdoors, and often at the end of a long run electrical wiring. Gee, what might go wrong?

I have installed two whole house type surge protectors. One in my house’s main power panel and a second one in the pool sub panel that feeds the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.