Jandy Variable Speed Pump with a 2.0 HP Blower - Water Spewing over the sides - Settings Help

ladbbc

Gold Supporter
Jun 17, 2023
Hamilton, Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, We recently had a pool and a hot tub installed. The hot tub has 8 jets and when we turn on the jets and the blower, the water is spewing out of the hot tub. We are having difficulty getting our pool builder to provide support to us, so I was wondering if anyone here can help us with what are the appropriate settings in the iaqualink app. Just so you know, the distance between the pump and the hot tub is over 40 feet.

Currently I have it set at
Pump /Model - ePump, Application - Aux Pump, Min - 600, Max - 3450 Priming Speed - 2500. Then we go into the Speed Setup and Speed 1 - 2500 - Assign to Aux - Spa Jet, Speed 2 - 750 - Assign to Aux Spa Air Blow.

It doesn't seem to matter what i change, nothing seems to reduce the water spewing out of the hot tub.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum!

Blowers are not always required for spa jets. See if you can remove the blower from the air pipe and try the spa jets without the blower.

Reactions: mknauss
Welcome to the forum!

Blowers are not always required for spa jets. See if you can remove the blower from the air pipe and try the spa jets without the blower.
i have tried it without the blower and while the jets are powerful, it doesn't stir up the water (if that make sense). Thanks for your reply and for the welcome.

Did you actually remove the blower from the air pipe or just turn it off? If the later, that is not sufficient as it will create a lot of air restriction. The blower must be completely removed from the air pipe in order to test it properly.

You can also slow your blower speed. This speed control worked for my blower: KBWC-26K (H9068) Wall Mount AC Fan Motor Control

You may need one with slightly different specs.

If your blower already has an on/off switch mounted in an electrical box, the speed control will probably fit perfectly in its place. And in addition to keeping water from splashing out of the spa, it'll also quiet the blower substantially.

Frankly your builder and plumber messed up the build of your hot tub. Which is why your builder is trying to walk away from the problems. There is no easy fix other than cranking down the force of the blower.

A properly designed spa with water and air jets should funnel the air and water into the tub without any splash out at any pump or blower speed.

Ideas for cranking down your blower can be found in Spa Air Blower - Further Reading

Frankly your builder and plumber messed up the build of your hot tub. Which is why your builder is trying to walk away from the problems. There is no easy fix other than cranking down the force of the blower.

A properly designed spa with water and air jets should funnel the air and water into the tub without any splash out at any pump or blower speed.

Ideas for cranking down your blower can be found in Spa Air Blower - Further Reading
Not surprising :) Thanks so much. Will look into what you suggested

Hi, We recently had a pool and a hot tub installed. The hot tub has 8 jets and when we turn on the jets and the blower, the water is spewing out of the hot tub. We are having difficulty getting our pool builder to provide support to us, so I was wondering if anyone here can help us with what are the appropriate settings in the iaqualink app. Just so you know, the distance between the pump and the hot tub is over 40 feet.

Currently I have it set at
Pump /Model - ePump, Application - Aux Pump, Min - 600, Max - 3450 Priming Speed - 2500. Then we go into the Speed Setup and Speed 1 - 2500 - Assign to Aux - Spa Jet, Speed 2 - 750 - Assign to Aux Spa Air Blow.

It doesn't seem to matter what i change, nothing seems to reduce the water spewing out of the hot tub.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
If I read this correctly, you're running your pump at 750RPM with the jets on and the blower running. That is not nearly enough water flow to carry the air into the spa, but will cause what you have happening. Likely there is not much difference with the pump on or off. Give it the 2500RPM with the blower on and that should make a big difference. Air from a blower on by itself will cause a lot of splashing but it all comes straight up out of the jet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.