Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello,

I bought a house with a 2 year old pool. All the equipment is Jandy, including the variable speed pump. Sometimes a few minutes after start-up it makes a loud squealing sound and I need to restart the pump for it go away. I read that the pump itself has a 3 year warranty.

Is there any hope in getting the unit replaced under warranty?

One other thing, the pool guy put in a PoolRX cartridge into the pump basket. I took that out for now as it doesn't seem to make the noise as often when it's not in there.

Last edited:
Try calling Jandy tech support. You may have to give them the previous owners names though but the serial number should be registered with them. At least you'll be able to find out if they have it listed in their system.

One other thing, the pool guy put in a PoolRX cartridge into the pump basket. I took that out for now as it doesn't seem to make the noise as often when it's not in there.
Good choice. The PoolRX adds copper to your pool water. Soon you will have staining and blonde hair turning green if you leave it in. Give it back to him. Tell him you do not want copper in your pool water.

I was able to reproduce the sound this morning, if that helps anyone with diagnosis.

I was able to restart it to stop the noise. Trying to get ahold of Jandy to discuss the warranty still.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.