Jandy valve settings

Mar 21, 2017
Anthem/AZ
I bought a home with a Pebble Tec 8K gal. pool, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo Variable speed pump; Pentair Cartridge Filter (CCP320); Pentair MasterTemp 250/HR nat’l gas heater, Pentair auto chlorine in-line feeder, Paramount 6 port in-floor cleaner PV3.

I need help with my pool water flow under normal conditions. I am not sure if the 3 Jandy valves are set right.

The suction valve is set at 50/50 for main and skimmer.
The heater return valve is set at 25% from heater and 75% to heater
Where the return water from the 25% heater side goes up to a Return Diverter that flows 25% to pool return and pool features (wok waterfall, 1 bubbler & 2 jets) and 75% to in-floor cleaner and in-line chlorinator.
Also, could you let me know if I should change the flow for any particular reason? I have gotten different information from various sources i.e. setting for in-floor cleaner, chlorinator etc. So I decided to come to the pros at TRP for direction.
I am attaching two pictures of my equipment, as well as the 3 valves. Thank you so much for your time and expertise.

Attachments

• equipment circulation.jpg
    equipment circulation.jpg
    661.1 KB · Views: 45
  • equipment labled.jpg
    equipment labled.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 2 return valves (settings).jpg
    2 return valves (settings).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 40
  • main-n-skimmer.jpg
    main-n-skimmer.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 41
I bought a home with a Pebble Tec 8K gal. pool, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo Variable speed pump; Pentair Cartridge Filter (CCP320); Pentair MasterTemp 250/HR nat’l gas heater, Pentair auto chlorine in-line feeder, Paramount 6 port in-floor cleaner PV3.

I need help with my pool water flow under normal conditions. I am not sure if the 3 Jandy valves are set right.

• The suction valve is set at 50/50 for main and skimmer. - I would set the valve for 80%-90% skimmer and 10%-20% main drain
  • The heater return valve is set at 25% from heater and 75% to heater - Post pics of these vbalves and the equipment around it
  • Where the return water from the 25% heater side goes up to a Return Diverter that flows 25% to pool return and pool features (wok waterfall, 1 bubbler & 2 jets) and 75% to in-floor cleaner and in-line chlorinator. - I don't have experience with an IFCS to suggest a chnage. I think this is necessary for your IFCS.

Also, could you let me know if I should change the flow for any particular reason? I have gotten different information from various sources i.e. setting for in-floor cleaner, chlorinator etc. So I decided to come to the pros at TRP for direction.
I am attaching two pictures of my equipment, as well as the 3 valves. Thank you so much for your time and expertise.

What problem are you trying to solve?

You have a complex plumbing system and lots of different flows to balance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.