Toronto, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
So had a bypass installed to bypass my heater a couple weeks ago. Yesterday I was adjusting the Jandy valve manually to shift flow away from my heater as I was turning off the heater this week. But the valve moved quite freely vs the usual "clicking" and a bit more force I would typically have to use. Realized that there is a little screw at the head of the arm/valve that had some loose, so tightened it, then everything seemed fine.

But what I was concerned about is, if I moved the arm accidentally and then screwed the top back in, is it possible the valve position has changed? I literally have no idea how to check that.

The handle is keyed to the shaft so it will only go on in the correct position. Sounds like you're fine.

Thanks, weird thing was that it was moving freely before I realized somehow it the black top/screw thing had screwed a bit loose. I just wasn't sure if when I screwed it back tight if I had moved the handle back to teh same spot or not, or how to check it for that matter.

If you tighten the screw enough it will (or should) lock the valve down and prevent it from turning. I assume this is a "feature" to prevent carefully set valves from being accidentally moved. Best to leave the screw about 1/2 turn loose and the valve will move freely.

If you're describing the jandy never lube diverter valve the screw should have nothing to do with the valve movement. The screw is there to keep you from riding over the stops and dead heading the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.