Jandy valve grease port replacement question.

Hal3

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I was replacing the o-rings on my Jandy valves because they seemed to be leaking air. I discovered that one valve had the grease port plugged. Perhaps it broke and someone was looking for a a cheap fix.

Amazon has replacements for $23. Should I replace it?

What is the correct use of grease ports? Give them a turn every month or so or what?

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• PSX_20210805_161441.jpg
    PSX_20210805_161441.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 7
I answered my own question.

Apparently, I have ancient Jandy valves and the newer ones are never-lube and don't need a grease fitting.

Updated never-lube gate kits complete with o-ring are cheaper than replacement grease fittings.

The never-lube gates are compatible with the old valve bodies.

I have the old gates.

So, I will update both gates.

ATIE Neverlube Diverter Valve Kit 4720 Replacement for Jandy 2 Port or 3 Port Never Lube Diverter Valve 4720

Note the product you linked to is aftermarket and not a Jandy part. It is likely lower quality then Jandy.

Note the product you linked to is aftermarket and not a Jandy part. It is likely lower quality then Jandy.
True, it's an aftermarket product. But Jandy replacement parts are way overpriced. $18 for a plastic plug or $25 for a screw is ridiculous. Try the aftermarket parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.