Jandy Trudose Controller and SWG. Problems and more problems.

Mozez

Bronze Supporter
May 28, 2020
Vienna, VA
So, I added a Jandy Trudose Controller to my setup, and ever since then, I have been unable to chlorinate my pool adequately. Although I can get the pH in check through the system, the SWG control has been disastrous. After reading many posts here, I purchased a replacement sensor kit (my salt cell is approximately 3 years old, and I winterize it) as I was getting a no-flow message from the old one. The new one shows flow, so I thought I would be all good, but after running the boost pool for 24 hours, my chlorine levels have dropped even further. Is my cell dead? Is the controller junk? Any help would be truly appreciated.

Is your trudose controller hooked up to your aquapure to control chlorine output? Maybe theres a setting in there you need to adjust or the sensors in the trudose system need to be calibrated? (I dont own a trudose, just read a bit about them)

Is your trudose controller hooked up to your aquapure to control chlorine output? Maybe theres a setting in there you need to adjust or the sensors in the trudose system need to be calibrated? (I dont own a trudose, just read a bit about them)
Thanks, Laszlof for the reply. Yes the trudose hooks up to the iaquapure board through a 24V 2pin connector. You also move a jumper (J15) to have both systems communicate and determine if the salt cell needs to come on or off depending upon your ORP setting. I did calibrate everything as well as I could but I am now thinking my salt cell is toast. I will try and look for a place to test it. Thanks again.

Thanks, Laszlof for the reply. Yes the trudose hooks up to the iaquapure board through a 24V 2pin connector. You also move a jumper (J15) to have both systems communicate and determine if the salt cell needs to come on or off depending upon your ORP setting. I did calibrate everything as well as I could but I am now thinking my salt cell is toast. I will try and look for a place to test it. Thanks again.

How did this end up working out for you? Lookign at installing these this year. Does the TruDose show readings on the remote or iAqualink app? Thanks!!!

How did this end up working out for you? Lookign at installing these this year. Does the TruDose show readings on the remote or iAqualink app? Thanks!!!
We do not recommend these automatic chemical controllers. They are more trouble then they are worth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.