Jandy TruClear Leak

ebucis

Mar 15, 2017
Weston
Moved from here.
It's me back again. I followed your instructions, got a new O-ring with lube and everything. It didn't fix the problem so I got a brand new cell ($300+) about a year ago and it started leaking again a few days ago. Since it was under warranty, I called customer support and they are sending me a new one. But I have lost faith on this product. Chlorine production is very good though.
Do you know what is the reason this may be happening so I can avoid it? Is it a design flaw? What can I do besides switching to another chlorinator completely? My whole setup is Jandy due to the convenience of valves and connectors but on the chlorinator I feel they screwed up....
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure it's leaking from the o-ring? Mine leaked when it was new, but it was actually the glass cover detached from the top. I could tap on the glass cover and water would splash out from it. When I took the top off, the glass cover fell out. I got a replacement under warranty (took forever to get it from Jandy's warehouse in Irvine, California during the height of the pandemic last year), and this one has worked fine. I have to admit that, as I was warned by others on this forum when I first installed it, it has a relatively low output for a SWG cell, and with my pool, I have to keep it at 70% instead of the typical 55%, but it is working well so far. Given the lower purchase cost, longer warranty, and ease of maintenance compared to the AquaPure cell, I'd have to say I'm still satisfied with it. I'm hoping by the time I replace this one, they come out with a larger unit that fits in the same (or close) footprint.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.