Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Jandy TruClear System. Power Pack controls do not allow the percentage to be changed, so it is stuck at 70%. Only the power button works to change from Standby to Chlorinating. Pool is being maintained by a service until August. SWG turns on when pump turns on, 9 AM - 7 PM (10 hours). Controlled with mechanical timers only. Pool is serviced once a week with a Taylor kit. Results from last three visits, oldest to present.

FC: 11.0, 10.5, 12.5
PH: 8.1, 8.1, 8.1 (Before adding acid every visit)
TA: 110, 90, 80
CH: 500, 500, 500
CYA: 70, 70, 70,
Salt: 3000, 3000, 3000
Temp: 77, 78, 80

70% at 10 hours raises FC by 2.8 per the pool math calculator, which is 19.6 over 7 days. Given my chemicals, FC is outside of recommended 5-10. I could have the service turn off the SWG for a week to lower FC, but I would assume this would deplete my FC before he returns the following week? As the summer starts to pick up, maybe that will help burn more chlorine, so it's manageable around 10? Less CYA could help, but then the service needs to drain and refill. Turn it off completely and move to using just bleach? I have always used a SWG, so not too familiar with the bleach approach and how long it maintains over a week. The pool is not being used, just need to maintain well enough until I return to take back over. Will the higher FC levels even be an issue?

I am also avoiding replacing the power pack as I would like to move to an automated system anyhow when I return and I believe the AquaLink RS system may replace the need for the current Power Pack. If that is the case, I don't want to buy a replacement board just to upgrade in August. Any advice for the best approach is welcome.

Georgia, 13,000 Gallon, Plaster, Jandy TruClear SWG, Single Speed Pump, Jandy Sand Filter

Thats good to know, thanks! I had a Hayward automated system with one main power center that seemed to control everything and my salt cell connected directly into that so I was not sure if this was the case with the Jandy system. After researching everything on their website, I think I just get more confused on how everything connects and what is needed. Overall, as long as the pool service keeps it maintained until August when I get back, I will be happy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.