Jandy TruClear Issue

Jun 22, 2018
Miami, FL
Hello,

I have a Jandy TruClear salt system. The display reads, "check cell", and there is an audible click afterwards every 5-10 seconds or so. I have checked the user manual but it does not elaborate on actual troubleshooting. To be honest, even the cause of the reading on the display makes little sense to me.

Currently, I have the unit off until I figure out a way forward, for fear of doing any actual damage to the unit. Somewhat new to pools so don't want to chance anything.

The cell is clean. I bring water weekly to the local pool store and get it tested, and rarely do we have any issues with our chemistry. Water is clear and no issues there that I can detect.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
The troubleshooting guide indicates that Check Cell is a internal fault of some kind.
How old is this cell?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thank you for the reply. That's what I gathered as well, but unsure if it's totally failed on me or if there is a fix/reset.

Thank you for those references also, I will have a look.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.