Jandy truclear giving "lo temp/lo salt" error

mossman813

Apr 9, 2021
Tampa, Florida
Hi all! Thanks in advance for any help you'd be able to give me. My pool is about two and a half years old and I live in Tampa florida. The temperature is currently in the 90s and has been every day for the last several weeks. I noticed this error on my panel of my true clear system yesterday, so I cleaned the cell, took a water sample to pinch a penny, and added some salt to the water as they told me to. I also cleaned the filter. After doing all that, the error went away but this morning the error is now back. Does anyone have any idea how I can check the cell to make sure it is functioning properly? Or for that matter, anything else I can do to try to resolve this without having to buy a new cell? I thought they lasted a while longer than this. Tia!

How many gallons are in your pool?

What % do you run the cell for how many hours a day?

Try making a warranty claim with Jandy.

Thanks everyone, I ended up figuring it out. What ended up happening was I guess because of all the recent rain lately, my salt dropped below 2,500 ppm. I added a couple of bags of salt as I was instructed to, but it only raised it up to 2,800 ppm. Even though that was within appropriate range, the error will not reset until the PPM goes above 3,000. I added another bag of salt, and that did the trick. I appreciate everyone's advice and hopefully someone will read this in the future who can't figure it out like I couldn't and will be helped!

Reactions: JamesW
Check the cell for scale and clean it if necessary, but only if necessary.

What is the warranty period?

What date was the unit installed?
I cleaned the cell a few days ago... My entire pool is about 2.5 years old. The error on the screen has been coming and going over the last few days. I'm guessing the salinity is on the borderline of when the error is shown... Do you know about how many ppm a 40lb bag of salt will raise the pool's salinity? I've added 4 bags of salt over the last week or so when the issue began. Pinch a penny is where I get my readings. The last test they did after adding three bags of salt read 2800 ppm and I then went ahead and added the 4th bag. Thanks so much for your help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.