Jandy Tru Clear Pre-Installation Plumbing

superray

Bronze Supporter
Jun 24, 2012
NASA/ TX
I am looking at installing the Jandy Tru Clear SWCG and controlling with my iAqualink via RS485. Currently I am injecting LC with a Stenner Pump tied to my home automation system (for remote seasonal timing adjustments of pump run times) and the injector quill is where my Rainbow puck feeder previously resided. I will use this port to inject MA following this project but I have a fairly compact setup and the return pipe from my heater to the first 90 before the JVA is only 17"
y4m-xEld1sDKv09f9SKwgW8xOrVJ2lDVNoyb354L--vOxxCgZ0AknaN05hHGACYqcem_pbrFc6mieJB6_oin3Gc3PnaOHuFlKjvofLkZ6mIk1S5iPBnFR41rAIAEhBnar6bKWIdbuitGyYY7Gje_vFG9Hw4s_d_UJe1H_iZz6L7OG2N3CgLqYIbPWTI7vLz3cTlPkvhkULuGuypGQTCINOAUA

I note in the marketing videos that the Tru Clear is mounted right against the JVA with what appears to me as a funky arrangement of 90 elbows feeding the generator.
(Perfect Pool with Zodiac - Inspect your TruClear Salt Chlorination System - YouTube)

y4mqdwYWB2VtX_63J2w3LacP4sdXSZToEiMefZ41R10KzrkEDXpyEhwphXuhdV-gJnZ6nlXgfEsjrX_uK4x7UwGDuNkIC8UQgcZrx6D70cjjneS_mQYNQp2VFhTQ9teqcljy2GLwdf1bXBpWwu965fjZTxdt3QrqctLy0PgIJ1KbhBZm5mGi3yJWqR5G0ZRkaN2Lf84t4Nrb0MVTjpADR0tJw

but the manual is noting that there be 16 inches of straight horizontal pipe required for this generator to work.

y4ml92VW0g3LDzoLSfQdP4DAnrGDIjxNb0AoyNhBV9V5PqzVCEW9VoZRytfggTUulaUBuCpQuKXzk19CU7632glVGPYmJ7GrVRAc8QJmdR2CJZjIuvfGK9h5HX5RePWQjwU7xdzI20wq_GANhL3S5m_Xd_Ldp8O_uVW2KWRp7l1z8w5wIlaytEi4sBDtxZR2o3GwPt-AH1jQlK7RUsB0aw6xg

Does anyone have any experience here with this device (both for installation purposes and long term performance) and how critical is it to have a straight run of pipe before/or after the device for the water to be efficiently chlorinated (I assume turbulent water entering the SWCG would cause poor contact with the electrical plates and cause premature failure or reduced life of the cell) so I want to make sure that I plumb it right the first time!
An option would be to install the non-union version right against the JVA between the 90 elbow in a similar fashion as I 'think' I have the room there, but am looking for some feedback from others who have better experience with this.

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.