Syracuse, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I wanted to post in the forum a short video I made of our recently installed Jandy TCX automation.

When I was deciding on the TCX I found practically no online reviews, videos, etc. which was disconcerting but having previously owned a Aqualink RS-4 I believed it would be a suitable system for owner like us with a basic pool no extra features.

We've been happy with it for the few weeks its been in operation. The one major bug was heatpump control is not via the 4-wire RS485 interface currently and is the 2-wire TSTAT control but you must trick the heatpump into listening to the TCX commands by setting its setpoint higher than what you'd be controlling on the app. For example I have the heatpump set to 90 degrees and on the app I am usually keeping it at 84-86 degrees which will turn it on and set the VS pump and then put it into standby, if I was to set it to 91 degrees on the app the heatpumps own setpoint would turn it off first before reaching that temperature.

For example I have the heatpump set to 90 degrees and on the app I am usually keeping it at 84-86 degrees which will turn it on and set the VS pump and then put it into standby, if I was to set it to 91 degrees on the app the heatpumps own setpoint would turn it off first before reaching that temperature.

When a heater is under automation control with the 2-wire control you must set the heater thermostat to the max, usually 104F, and let the automation control the cycling of the heater.

Reactions: russelms
Thanks for the feedback. I updated my video comment to reflect that the 2-wire interface was not a bug but user error, caveated with no where in the jandy manual or app did I come across that statement which would've made it much easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.