Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi I am a new pool owner and first time saw this light on.

The error code shows 120, based on the manual, it means low current in forward direction to Cell. So I need to take it off and clean it? What is the proper way to clean it?

What is the cause of it? The PH value of my pool raise fast after every time I lower it, I am in the process of lowering the TA. Will this contribute to the service light of the SWG?

Thanks a lot,
Joshua

High PH & TA (aka high CSI) will increase the scale on the cell and reduce the cell current. A failing cell will also drop in current and reported salt level. High CSI will shorten the life of the cell so you need to get control of that. Do you have high PH/TA fill water? From your last test results, CSI was 0.4 which is much too high. You should be targeting around -0.3 which is a PH reduction from 8.2 to 7.5. If you target 7.5, TA will eventually drop which may help. But if you have high PH/TA fill water, you may need to invest in an acid dosing unit to keep on top of CSI.

If it is a dirty cell vs a failing cell, cleaning instructions are here:

High PH & TA (aka high CSI) will increase the scale on the cell and reduce the cell current. A failing cell will also drop in current and reported salt level. High CSI will shorten the life of the cell so you need to get control of that. Do you have high PH/TA fill water? From your last test results, CSI was 0.4 which is much too high. You should be targeting around -0.3 which is a PH reduction from 8.2 to 7.5. If you target 7.5, TA will eventually drop which may help. But if you have high PH/TA fill water, you may need to invest in an acid dosing unit to keep on top of CSI.

If it is a dirty cell vs a failing cell, cleaning instructions are here:

I will test the the fill water to see if it has high PH/TA, but I doubt it because I barely fill any water last week(may be 50 gal).

I did find the TA is around 110 last week, which was high and asked Here. I reduced the PH to 7.2 and waited a couple of days, yesterday I tested the PH raised up again but the TA dropped to 90. Currently I reduced the Ph to 7.2 again to lower more TA.

For the cell, I guess I will need to take the cell off and find out what is really going on.

How do I tell if the cell is failing, can I see it visually?

If you clean the cell and the current does not increase, it is likely a bad cell. You can have it tested at many pool stores.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.