Jandy Stealth and Hayward Tristar couplings compatible?

jmp998

Mar 9, 2017
Irving, TX
I have a very old (installed 2005) Jandy Stealth 2 HP JHPU. The motor is screeching, the backplate is cracked, probably needs a new diffuser or impeller, bolts on the pump housing are rusted and falling apart, etc. I want to just replace the entire unit (pump+motor).

The way my pool is plumbed, the tailpiece of the inlet connector is solvent welded directly abutting the actuator/diverter valve from the drains which I would rather not replace. Therefore I am trying to find a pump that I could easily just screw that connector onto. Since the Jandy Stealth is discontinued, I am trying to find a compatible replacement.

Would that connector be compatible with a Hayward Tristar or Jandy FloPro? I understand that I would need to replumb the outlet to line up correctly, but that is not a problem as the outlet has enough pipe to cut and replace.

Interesting. My local store told me the Stealth series was discontinued, maybe they just meant they don't carry it anymore? Regardless I had not realized the ePump series used the same housing etc which would avoid the need to replumb.

Thank You!

Single speed pumps above about 0.75 hp are being discontinued.

The 1 hp and up single speed pumps will mostly disappear.

Many sellers will discontinue selling all single speed pumps.

The two lowest power models will probably still be legal.

The two speed models will likely still be legal.

The variable speed pumps are probably the best choice for most people.

Thank you again. I am planning to get a variable speed pump as a long term solution to save on electricity, but I would like to have that professionally installed as part of a larger renovation so it is integrated with automation etc. My main circulation pump and seldom-used water feature pump are the same, so I thought if there was an easy drop-in solution I would get it now to temporarily replace the circulation pump and then later switch it over to the water feature. It seems like this was going to be more complicated than I thought, and I could not find anyone in DFW with a Jandy ePump I could pick up this weekend. So I ended up just swapping in parts from my water feature pump/motor to get the circulation pump running 'well enough' again. I'm hoping it will last a few weeks until I can get the reno done.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.