Jandy Spa lighting - any thoughts on replacement?

Jameso78

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Sep 18, 2020
North Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have a 14 year old JSL12050 Jandy Spa light that is bad... any thoughts on what I should replace it with? I see this same model available on Ebay, but was looking for advice/comments on other options...thanks all!

Reactions: gary300
Just put new bulbs and a gasket in it.
Thanks.... I may try that... the bulbs are very expensive ($80 for 2 bulbs Zodiac brand)...any better source recommended on the bulbs? they are G4 25W 12V Halogen bulbs, mostly what I see on my searches are 20W, plus all the LED replacements which I assume won't work on this fixture...

Amazon sells them cheap. $8 for 10 pack. Buy 2 so you don’t have to chase them down next time! I’ve done mine twice now in 15 years. Make sure to buy and install a new lens gasket while you have it apart. Easy job!View attachment 165988
Thanks Rossterman!!! I had ordered something similar already today from Amazon....have the gasket on order too, will post after I get them installed...hope they work!

Reactions: guinness
So if I tell you one of my Jandy pool lights has never had bulbs replaced, its been a good light :) I have 2 of those pool lights along with the spa light, one of pool lights which has a couple bulbs out that I'm about to replace as well...probably gotten my moneys worth out of all those bulbs! 👍👍👍

Well, replaced all the bulbs in my spa light, but still no light...tomorrow I'll get my multimeter out to check the power situation...assuming its 120V to the light fixture, and the transformer inside the fixture converts it to 12V? Going to check at the GFCI box first just to see if power is making it that far... if it's getting there, will drain the spa, pull the fixture and see what's happening there... if there's power to the fixture, I would presume its a bad transformer which means light replacement, correct? any other thoughts/ideas anyone?

Last edited:
OK...problem solved...I checked for power at my GFCI box when turning on the spa light (aux 4 on my aqualink box), and there was none... so using my multimeter at my aqualink box, I was able to discern that I have a faulty relay for aux 4 on the line 2/ load 2 side where my spa light was hooked up... line 1/load 1 side was empty, so I checked it for continuity when aux 4 was engaged, and sure enough, it worked... so I powered down everything at the breaker panel, moved the line and load wiring to side 1, turned back on my power, and wa-la, I now have a spa light(with new bulbs :giggle:)... another issue resolved...if side one dies, guess I'll have to replace the relay, but hopefully it will last a while...

Cheers!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Absolutely!!! Appreciate the advice on the bulb replacement, certainly a lot more economical! (y)(y)(y) I went ahead and ordered a relay just in case I needed one, I'd have it...$25 on Amazon...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.