Jandy RS not working after 3 months

Kemyst

Jul 22, 2015
Frisco, TX
Hi all,

I had a Jandy Aqualink RS upgrade kit installed a few months ago to get WiFi pool control. It's been working like a charm until 2 weeks ago, and now no response on the panel to any button presses. Any idea if there is a way to reset the controller? I checked, its receiving 24VAC no problems, just zero LED's working.

Did you power it down and back up? Like cut power totally to it. There may also be a fuse on the board that blew.

Yes, I have tried switching off the power at both the circuit breaker as well as the adjacent disconnect switch, no luck on the hard reset. The fuse idea is interesting. Any idea where I could find a fuse on the Jandy RS mainboard?

UPDATE: Fuse is located right next to 24V, I checked the existing and also tried a replacement, still no action on the board. All LEDs are non functional.

Last edited:
I am not entirely certain if they have them anymore but if so it'll be on the larger board just look for a glass fuse about an inch.

Yes, I have tried switching off the power at both the circuit breaker as well as the adjacent disconnect switch, no luck on the hard reset. The fuse idea is interesting. Any idea where I could find a fuse on the Jandy RS mainboard?
When you completely remove power from the Jandy by turning a breaker off, watch the panel when you re-apply power. Do the LEDs start lighting from the left two times? If not you have lost the fuse on the back of the board most likely. Those fuses usually blow because of a fault in one of the actuators. They are 3.15A fuses.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried completely removing all power (verified with a hot stick) at the breaker, so no current running at all. After a restart, no lights flash/flicker. This was after replacing with a 3.0A fuse. The actuators have not cycled at all for months, so not sure if they are related or not. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried completely removing all power (verified with a hot stick) at the breaker, so no current running at all. After a restart, no lights flash/flicker. This was after replacing with a 3.0A fuse. The actuators have not cycled at all for months, so not sure if they are related or not. Any other suggestions?
With power to the panel, disconnect the orange power plug from the board. Be sure there is 24V from each of the yellow wires to green of the plug. If not, there is a problem with the transformer output on one side or the other. If there is, wait a minute. Reinstall. If the LEDs do not light up in sequence starting from the left of the control panel and the fuse is good, that only leaves a bad board and a warranty call.