Jandy rs-6 with new jandy VSP questions

New pump Guy

Sep 20, 2023
SF, California
Hello everyone, so I just upgraded to a VSP pump, a jandy 2.7hp vs flo pro to be exact. My installer mentioned I can upgrade to the new aqualink automation, or he can add the speed set controller which is what I opted for. My question is if I want to turn my spa heater on I'd usually go to the wall mounted rs-6 and hit filter pump, then spa mode, since this new filter pump won't communicate directly with that wall unit, how to I turn the spa/heater on now? Thanks

I think you turn your spa on the same way but then need to go out to the pump controller if you change the pump speed.

Hopefully your installer set the default pump speed fast enough for your heaters minimum flow requirements.

You really should have upgraded your Aqualink to integrate the VS pump into your controls.

Thanks I do plan on upgrading when I can.

So if the pump is off, I just go outside press auto to turn it on, then go inside and turn it to spa mode to get the heater up and running??? Like I said when I'd press it on the rs-6 box inside it would only turn on for a minute or two until spa mode was activated. Sorry for the newbie questions. I appreciate your help

It depends how your installer wired your pump.

Did he connect the pump power to be controlled by the Aqualink filter pump relay?

Or did he wire the pump with continuous power?

What programs are set in the pump control panel for what times and pump speeds?

The installer should have told you all of that or you need to look at your equipment and figure it out.

It's not connected to the aqualink relay, it only has a filter schedule set up daily from 9am-4pm 2400 rpm
Then you need to go outside and turn the pump on before you turn anything on in your Aqualink.

Reactions: New pump Guy
Do you have any suggestions on rpm settings on the pump to get the proper flow when running the heater?? This forum is amazing, thanks!!
What BTU size heater do you have?

A 400K BTU heater needs 30-40GPM of flow. If your don’t have a way to measure flow 2400RPM seems to give around that flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.