Jandy Return valve not turning in Spa Mode

TimNvegas

Aug 28, 2021
Las Vegas
Hope someone can help. I have an Aqualink RS system which I had the computer board changed about 6 months ago. Worked perfect until recently. Now when turn to Spa Mode, the intake valve turns but the return valve does not. Believing it was the old return valve I replaced it with a new Jandy 2440 but still not turning on Spa Mode. I have pressed the Reset button and even switched the dip switches on and off, but still not moving.
What it discovered is that once in Spa mode the Return Actuator has no power (toggle switch on valve doesn’t work), once Spa Mode is turned off, then I have power to the Return Actuator.
Any suggestions?

Tim,

As a test, swap the Intake and Return connections inside your automation..

If the problem stays with the same valve, it has to be the cable or actuator..

If the problem moves to the other valve, it has to be the automation.. Most automation systems have a small relay that switches the 24 volt AC that drives the actuator. The relay is turned on and off by an IC chip.. If the chip goes bad, the relay never moves and the valve only moves in one direction and stays there.

Could also be a bad relay..

Don't forget to change things back to the original connections, when done testing.. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for responding Jim. Yes I did swap the intake and return actuators at the computer board and it is definitely something in the board as the valves switched rolls so did the problem. Now the actual intake valve had no power (was connected to the return on board). So switched them back to correct connections. So it is definitely something in the board not giving power to the return valve…but only when in Spa mode. In pool mode both valves have power.
Is the IC chip something I can change or get a professional?
I did keep my original motherboard and have its parts

Tim,

I don't have any experience with your specific automation system...

On the Pentair EasyTouch the driver chips are in sockets, so easy to swap or change out.

I'd check to see if any of your chips are in sockets.. If so, you could try swapping them..

I'd try to see if you can find any identifying part numbers on the chips, so that you could look up the spec sheets to see if the chips are made to turn relays on and off..

Let's hope that one of our Aqualink owners can chime in....

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.