Jandy Pump Repair / Replacement Options

Haymarket

Jul 21, 2019
Northern Virginia
I have a Jandy Pro Series Plus HP 1.5 in a fairly new pool (3.1 years old) that is failing. It has a very loud whining sound. It is just a bit out of warranty, and my inclination is just to replace it myself, rather than go through the whole process with a pool company evaluating and replacing/repairing. My pool is 45,000 gallons with no water features. What would be a reasonable way to go with this as far as a compatible pump? Is there a benefit to a VS in my situation?

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 13
  • thumbnail2.jpg
    thumbnail2.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 14
Current regulations require that if you remove a single speed pump (as your main filtration pump) it has to be replaced with a VS pump. You can get around that by just replacing the motor but those are hard to find now days.
A large VS pump such as 2.7 can actually lower your energy bill by running at a lower rpm but still push the same volume of water as your 1.5 pump. Also, there may be rebates from your energy provider for switching to a VS pump.

You may need to adjust your plumbing some as the VS pump may be higher than your existing pump

Reactions: Haymarket
Do you have automation of plans for automation?

What does the pump need to be compatible with?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.