Jandy pump full of air after 5 hours.

Adidascu

Jun 25, 2020
DFW - TX
I run my pump in the wee hours of the morning. I just went out to do my chems today and turned on the pump only to hear it run but push no water. The attached picture is while it was running. At the very end of the 3 minute priming cycle it finally started pulling water. I had turned the lever so it pulled from the skimmers instead of the drains and skimmers. I am unsure if this had anything to do with it. Any ideas as to why the water kepps being replaced with air between pump runs???20201111_140920.jpg

Check your weir doors on the skimmers. If they are stuck so they block the water, the system will pull air in. Has happened to me a few times and is always a little unnerving until you realize what is causing it. Hope that helps and if not post again!

You have an air leak on the pressure side of the pump. With no leaks water should stay in the pipes when the pump is off.

This is like putting a straw in a glass of water, putting your finger over the top, pulling out the straw, and the water stays in the straw. When you remove your finger and let air into the straw the water rushes out. Exactly the same with your pump basket when the pump turns off.

Reactions: 1Sammy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.