Jandy Pro Series Tru Clear question

Re21581

Jun 25, 2021
Charlotte, NC
I am a new pool owner. I am having trouble with free chlorine levels. Is there a way to check if my salt water chlorine generator is working properly? We've cleaned our filters, wire seems to be connected. We turned it up to 100% to see if this helps. Cya levels were normal (lower normal). Should we be able to see bubbles/cloudy effect as water passes through the salt cell? Sorry if this doesn't make sense....we're new to this.

Welcome to the forum!
Do you have your own proper test kit? Can you post some water chemistry results from it?
You should see bubbles either through the SWCG cell itself or out of the returns. Do remember that depending on your % generation setting, the SWCG is off part of the time.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

I just had two Jandy reps at my house yesterday. I specifically asked them about the output and time etc. they told me their TruClear cell puts out chlorine the entire time that the cell is on. He put the cell in a bucket of pool
Water and set the control panel at 10%, it fizzed a little, then he increased by 10% up to 100% and you can clearly see the fizz action increasing drastically.

Do remember that depending on your % generation setting, the SWCG is off part of the time [/URL][/U].

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.