Jandy Pro Series JXi Gas-fired Pool and Spa Heater 400btu - VersaFlo error

May 29, 2017
Houston
Hi folks

We got a new heater installed just over a week ago and have had some very pleasant evenings.

However, we had an ignition error on Thursday (I managed to fix that)
Now, we have a "check VersaFlo" fault.

We've had issues with air in the tank/system, so I bled that. The filters were cleaned on the same day as the new heater was installed.

We're using an iAqualink 2.0 for automation, a 1-yr old Pentair VS pump and 2-yr-old salt cell.

Any clues on what I can try?

The VersoFlo is a motorized bypass valve in the heater. It sounds like it failed to open or close.

What is the pump speed?

What is the exact error wording?

Is the error displayed on the heater or the automation?

Do you have a picture of the system?

With it being brand new, I would be asking the installer to deal with it.

Thanks

I've contacted the installer, but was hoping to be in the pool over the weekend so wanted to come up with a solution myself.

The error is displayed on the heater - the automation doesn't know anything is wrong. I'm posting a couple of photos of the error message.

There's no ignition sounds, no fan sounds, no smell of gas, nothing "clicks-on". The RPMs are at 3000.

Thanks

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 20
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 18

Thanks... it kinda worked

I turned the pool into service mode, made sure the heater was off, went through the options and selected bypass mode "enabled", then got everything fired up again. The heater came on! But no heat. Within 5-mins it wasn't working again and I haven't been able to replicate my results.

I don't want to take anything off or apart - it's not even been installed 10-days. I guess I'll have to wait for the service guy to come sort it out. :-(

Thanks for all your help though!

Hi,
We’re you able to find out the solution to this from our service tech? I’m getting the same issue on my new setup, same model.
Jerod

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.