Jandy pool heater LRZ “Check IGN control” fault

LanaJ

May 29, 2020
Frankfort Illinois
My pool heater turns on, cycles through about 3 times and then turns off and shows “check IGN control” prompt. We had this last year and replaced the entire ignition box. It lasted the rest of the season (IL). This year I replaced the flame sensor rod as I was seeing the glow of flames and thought that was the problem. It worked for about 2 days and then stopped. Began giving the same fault. I believe the burners aren’t lighting all the way. Any thoughts on what to do next?

Welcome to the forum LanaJ... I joined yesterday with the same heater and a similar problem. A fellow member provided this link to the service manual. Go to page 2 and follow the testing procedure. Seems to have helped me identify our problem. Hopefully it will be of assistance to you. As for Pool Clowns advice about the spider webs he's 1000% correct. I clean mine out every year before startup. Here's the link and good luck! https://www.fwwebb.com/docs/gas/JandyPoolHeaterTroubleshootingGuides.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.