Jandy PDA

Alexpike3

In The Industry
May 11, 2022
Georgia
Hello everyone just want to see if anyone has had this problem before but I have the jandy pda that is not wanting to connect. The jbox gets put into learn mode but never pairs and I’ve used a different PDA to pair, installed new jbox, put new RS485 wire from 4 pin connector to board, changed the entire board, and nothing has worked. I think it’s odd that the jandy epump does not turn on anymore ever since the pda stopped working it doesn’t turn on when it’s scheduled to and even in service mode it won’t kick on

It sounds like more is going on than just the PDA not working. What model Aqualink do you have? Do you have any alternate ways to control it like phone app or OneTouch (or other wall controllers)? Pics would help.

It sounds like more is going on than just the PDA not working. What model Aqualink do you have? Do you have any alternate ways to control it like phone app or OneTouch (or other wall controllers)? Pics would help.

Only thing controlling the equipment is the PDA no IAquaLink or wall controllers.

Attachments

• C2AF0DB5-F3DF-4D6C-A35D-E17A74D445DA.jpeg
    C2AF0DB5-F3DF-4D6C-A35D-E17A74D445DA.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 41F458A7-4D6F-433B-AAAC-80F0E833B6CC.jpeg
    41F458A7-4D6F-433B-AAAC-80F0E833B6CC.jpeg
    494 KB · Views: 6
The other end of the cord on the PDA antenna connects to your Aqualink. Have you tried just power cycling everything?
Yes I’ve tried it and no success I also spoke to jandy on the phone and used my multimeter to check proper voltage and everything checked out. I’m stumped new antenna, new aqualink rs board, I even changed the pump just for the heck of it hoping for a result but nothing. I can turn on the auxiliaries in service mode but the pump never turns on it just does the peep sound and the little screen for the salt cell will turn on and pump never turns on

Yes I’ve tried it and no success I also spoke to jandy on the phone and used my multimeter to check proper voltage and everything checked out. I’m stumped new antenna, new aqualink rs board, I even changed the pump just for the heck of it hoping for a result but nothing. I can turn on the auxiliaries in service mode but the pump never turns on it just does the peep sound and the little screen for the salt cell will turn on and pump never turns on

Is this an Aqualink RS or PDA? Can you take a picture of the PCB board like pictured below?

1652370586850.png

98DB92D2-36E8-4C5C-9352-A4301190EF1C.jpegThey used a aqualink RS board and installed the 18 channel jbox to control the pool. There’s no IAquaLink antenna for the phone although I did connect one just to try it out and changed the PCB board to the upgraded one that came with the antenna and connected It to my phone and it paired but It was showing offline the entire time and would never give me the green status

View attachment 409634They used a aqualink RS board and installed the 18 channel jbox to control the pool. There’s no IAquaLink antenna for the phone although I did connect one just to try it out and changed the PCB board to the upgraded one that came with the antenna and connected It to my phone and it paired but It was showing offline the entire time and would never give me the green status

Do you still have the RS board? When you change those boards they do tend to totally reset. I am surprised you cannot get this to connect again. Try connecting the PDA antenna to another 4 wire interface connector. Make sure there are no more than 2 connections in each one. If the PDA antenna is connected to the multiplex board, move it to a connector on the main board.

Do you still have the RS board? When you change those boards they do tend to totally reset. I am surprised you cannot get this to connect again. Try connecting the PDA antenna to another 4 wire interface connector. Make sure there are no more than 2 connections in each one. If the PDA antenna is connected to the multiplex board, move it to a connector on the main board.
I put the old board back and changed the 4 pin connector to a new one they initially had It plugged into the multiplex board and it was working fine for almost a year in that spot but I did move it and it still does not want to pair as far as the black wire it’s there just not visible in the picture all 4 pin connectors are good no corrosion , all nice and tight, all in the Red 1 black 2 yellow 3 green 4 sequence

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you have an RS board, I would seriously get that working. The PDA board is garbage compared to what the RS gives you. You will never use the PDA again once you have the RS working. Once connected it is most likely your wireless network not connecting correctly. Try changing your ciphers and also connect to the 2G and not 5G. Or, hardwire it (RJ45 cable) just to get it working. You could also get the IQ30a antenna kit which allows your system to work better with wireless networks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.