Jandy PDA Problem

Zibner

Jan 16, 2021
Las Vegas Nv
Bought a house with a pool that is controlled by a Jandy Aqualink RS and PDA up to now everything has worked goes on and off as programmed, heats as programmed and goes on at the correct freeze tempature. Then the pool was 90 in January, everything looked right but the heater kept coming on and pump on and off times were wrong. New batteries in PDA and while the settings look correct and it connects it isn't following the programming. Also noticed it no longer keeps correct time losing 10 minutes per hour.

Ant ideas please

You may want to contact Jandy tech support. Have the serial number and software versions available. You should see this when the PDA is booting up. Appears you have circuit board issue either in PDA or on the outside controller.
I have similar unit and have talked to pool companies about upgrading to obtain better programming options but it is about a $1200 upgrade. Double check that your date and time is correct - especially the PM/AM setting. But your issue may be more in-depth than just the date/time setting which is why Jandy tech support may be able to help direct you. Sorry cannot be of more help.

You may want to contact Jandy tech support. Have the serial number and software versions available. You should see this when the PDA is booting up. Appears you have circuit board issue either in PDA or on the outside controller.
I have similar unit and have talked to pool companies about upgrading to obtain better programming options but it is about a $1200 upgrade. Double check that your date and time is correct - especially the PM/AM setting. But your issue may be more in-depth than just the date/time setting which is why Jandy tech support may be able to help direct you. Sorry cannot be of more help.
That is the funny thing the date and programming is always correct its just the time that makes me think my problem is with the PDA. I also thought of upgrading to a phone app but your right the cost is prohibitive. Just a new PDA is like $500.

All the PDA does is provide an interface into the system. It cannot cause the problems you describe. Make sure you know which schedule you are on. There are 2 and can be set to switch from one to the other based on the date. Like "in season" and "off season".

Also if the system is an Aqualink "RS", you should have a wifi antenna. How many antennas do you have? Are you able to program your system with the PDA?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.