Jandy Nicheless LED lights

Thanks for the screen shots setsailsoon!!!! :)

I have all the aqua link stuff (not installed yet), but have not had a chance to do any research on how the system operates, so the screen shots are helpful.

Im surprised at two things:
You can not control individual lights? So if I'm using just the spa, I have to light up the pool as well?
You can't dim the lights? I put a 20w in my 6x6 spa and on my baja deck thinking - oh well, if they are too bright I can always dim them down...

I have two Pentair color LED's in my pool one on each end. In the center it is not that bright, pretty disappointed with that. I have been told it may be from the pebble finish we choose. And yes they were expensive so they should cover the whole pool. Oh yeah and red is the worst out of all the colors, not even worth using that color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question for all you guys that have had 'hands on' the 20W Jandy units...

They say you need "9 inches" of 1.5" pipe from the face of the threaded fitting...

I have 8.75 inches then it necks down to 1" conduit. WILL THAT WORK? how precise is there spec?

I only have space for 2 in a 30k gal pool, so if I cant use a 20, I just dont think two 9W will cut it.

TIA

(PS frank rizzo- hi from bimmerfest...)

I hate to bring this up...but do you have the $20 you owe me?? :p

It looks like you need at least 8.75 inches but it is cutting is close. See pic attached, note the SO cord connector...

IMG_3728_zpslajsq17y.jpg

Thanks for the screen shots setsailsoon!!!! :)

I have all the aqua link stuff (not installed yet), but have not had a chance to do any research on how the system operates, so the screen shots are helpful.

Im surprised at two things:
You can not control individual lights? So if I'm using just the spa, I have to light up the pool as well?
You can't dim the lights? I put a 20w in my 6x6 spa and on my baja deck thinking - oh well, if they are too bright I can always dim them down...

you can set up the iaqualink to have each light separately controlled which is how I have ours set up currently. We typically leave the spa light off at night when using the spa for more privacy. You also can set each of the lights color independently.

BTW the web-based system allowing you to use a phone, ipad, etc way nicer than my old onetouch controller. In addition to controlling from anywhere, the response time is much better and navigation / equipment set-up is a breeze.

Has anyone had these nicheless lights installed for more than a few years?

I am looking to install 4 in the near future but cannot find much info on reliability.

I've read too many cases on the pentair led lights burning out after one year of use so I am a bit nervous to even install led lights.

Has anyone had these nicheless lights installed for more than a few years?

I am looking to install 4 in the near future but cannot find much info on reliability.

I've read too many cases on the pentair led lights burning out after one year of use so I am a bit nervous to even install led lights.
I have 4 of the Savi nicheless led lights in my pool that is about 9 months old (3 in the pool and 1 in the spa). 3 of these lights have been replaced because the colour match between lights drifted. The symptom I observed is that one of the lights would be illuminating the area in a green/blue colour and the other 3 were a solid blue. I suspect what is happening is that one of the LEDs in the light is degrading and this is causing it's output in that colour to change. Not acceptable in my opinion.

The light on the spa has now failed in the same way for a second time and I'm about to email the PB for another warranty call...

I stumbled on this thread whilst looking for reliability reports on the Savi (now apparently Jandy) led lights - has anyone else suffered this sort of issue?

I have 4 of the Savi nicheless led lights in my pool that is about 9 months old (3 in the pool and 1 in the spa). 3 of these lights have been replaced because the colour match between lights drifted. The symptom I observed is that one of the lights would be illuminating the area in a green/blue colour and the other 3 were a solid blue. I suspect what is happening is that one of the LEDs in the light is degrading and this is causing it's output in that colour to change. Not acceptable in my opinion.

The light on the spa has now failed in the same way for a second time and I'm about to email the PB for another warranty call...

I stumbled on this thread whilst looking for reliability reports on the Savi (now apparently Jandy) led lights - has anyone else suffered this sort of issue?

Dang not what I like to hear since they're about to put 4 in my pool and 1 in the spa. I don't even know the warranty on these things I just figured traditional LEDs last forever so these should last a while....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to use these since Hayward's LEDs (full-size) went through a phase of horrible reilability reviews. My pool builder talked me out of it saying that since theyre niche-less there is no way to service them without pulling the whole cord out, at which time you might as well replace the entire fixture. Made sense to me since there is no niche for a slack cord bundle.

I wanted to use these since Hayward's LEDs (full-size) went through a phase of horrible reilability reviews. My pool builder talked me out of it saying that since theyre niche-less there is no way to service them without pulling the whole cord out, at which time you might as well replace the entire fixture. Made sense to me since there is no niche for a slack cord bundle.
Having watched the PB replace one of the lights, pulling the cable out and then fitting the new one wasn't that difficult. If you wanted to service just the light it wouldn't be too difficult to pull enough out to work on it and feed it back in once you've finished.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I recently had the exact same problem. After replacing 2 of my 3 lights the PB replaced all 3 with the new version of these Jandy nicheless LED lights (under warranty from Jandy). The new units are completely different and much improved. You can replace the circuit board on the new ones w/o pulling the entire cable. My PB said Jandy's warranty for its Savi lights is 3 years. Mine were 2 years 3 months.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dang not what I like to hear since they're about to put 4 in my pool and 1 in the spa. I don't even know the warranty on these things I just figured traditional LEDs last forever so these should last a while....

See if they'll change to the new version. If not warranty is 3 years. PB should have influence with Jandy and they must know the Savi's are failing. A bunch of them have failed in my neighborhood and so far Jandy has been great about replacement.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Which ones the new version? I guess I can check exactly which ones they are putting in. They advised they only stock the 9w nichless so they had to order the 30w so hopefully we got the new version.

The new ones are smaller in dia with a longer thick section behind the lens like the one in the photo at the start of this thread. They have a couple of square board mounted LED's instead of a whole bunch of the older style bubble LED's. You should be able to check the model number the PB ordered on Jandy's site to be sure you're getting the new version.

I hope this helps!

Chris

No way to tell until it's dark, then only your opinion matters. Let us know what you think. I think they look nice. Although I do not have LED lights, There is a night and day difference in my lights between daytime and night time.... No pun intended.

I had my pre plaster inspection last week and the inspector brought up that I missed my water bond. With the old school lights the fixture was flooded with water and the ground lug on the can grounded the water. With the new LED lights the S/O cord is sealed from the fixture and runs all the way back to the panel so the water is not technically grounded (even though it is by the pool heater). I'll add a fitting to the return line to ground the water, but in case anyone else runs into the same thing.

I don't have one of those or any specific mechanism to bond the water - is one needed when you have low voltage LED lights?

I do have a heater permanently in the water circuit, does that negates the requirement?

No No No

Bonding the water has nothing to do with your lights or in some sense your heater. Your water in a permanent pool must be bonded and so must the deck. Otherwise stray voltage or any voltage may develop a voltage gradent and you or other bathers could be shocked.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.