Jandy Lite 2 pool heater control panel

chc4au

Jul 18, 2007
Birmingham Al
I have a Jandy Lite 2 pool heater and the control panel has cracked on the plastic outside and the temperature is no longer readable.
it appears you can buy a new control panel and simply exchange the new for the old. Has anyone done this? Have searched YouTube and have not found any help. Any suggestions or warnings?

Looking at the manual and parts list it seems that removing the bezel that covers the display board should give you access to the display board which is connected to the power control board by a ribbon cable similar to those used in computers. I don't know if the ribbon cable is considered part of the display board or the power control board or a seperate piece? Obviously shut off power to the heater when replacing parts. Here are some links to the parts and connections mentioned.
Laars Jandy LJ Pool Heater Parts Schematics - PoolCenter.com. Part 8 is covered by part 13 and connected to part 11 by a ribbon cable
https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0248900.pdf. Page 18 shows the ribbon cable connection between the parts

Okay removed the old bezel with control panel (2 screws) and unplugged the existing ribbon cable at control panel and plugged into new control panel (now mounted on new bezel) remounted new control panel with bezel all good maybe 10 minutes. Had I used the new ribbon cable would have required opening up power block assembly which I avoided.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.