Jandy LED Fails

trclac

Jul 24, 2009
Houston
In 2013, we had two Jandy model CPHVLEDS100 fixtures installed by a local pool contractor. Of course, as soon as the three year warranty expired, our lights begin failing in late 2016. We asked our contractor how much it would be to fix them, and they suggested replacing them at a cost of over $2,500, so we have not bothered replacing them since they began failing. Now, however, one of the lights is intermittently going off and on much more frequently, and my family is pressing to fix them, although not as such an extreme cost.

(Just FYI, we, as well as the contractor, did attempt to reset the lights, flip the breaker, etc. Nothing worked. The contractor concluded that at least one bulb is defective.)

I understand that these particular bulbs cannot be replaced via a screw in LED bulb. Given that, what would folks suggest as our best option for replacing these LEDs at a reasonable cost? We would like to keep the LEDs (as the kids enjoy the multi-colors), but we want to keep the cost reasonable.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

BTW, we live in Houston, and my family regularly night swims, into October.

When it comes to electrical work, I try to avoid it. Also, after these lights failed after only 3 years (which seems incredibly short for LEDs), I'm not sure I want to stick with these in any event. My wife is definitely interested in more reliable bulbs, but, again, at a reasonable cost.
If we need to buy them ourselves and then have someone install them, we can do that. Do you or anyone else have a recommendation for a reliable multi-color LED (with reliable being the key word)?
Thanks again.

I don't think there are any lights out there that last a super long time. The environment they are in is just awful. That said, there are many systems where you can just replace the bulbs. I have the Consolidated Rainbow Rays, they last 3 or 4 years as well. I just had to replace one last week, you can buy the bulb and DIY for less than $150.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.