Jandy JXi with VersaFlo - Ignition Issues

JSSA

Jan 25, 2021
San Antonio Texas
My JXi is a month old, and it has worked great through warm and cold days EXCEPT two Sunday's in a row. In both cases it was San Antonio cool, about 45F and 55F, on very wet though not pouring rain days. The error was an ignition failure, "Retry Ign Steps". Basically the heater tried to start, the gas came on and the burner started, then within one to three minutes the heater stopped. The error message above was in the display.

Its normal start up tries three times and if it does not get going that message appears. The installer visited to take a look at the unit, peered inside, checked the gas pressure and did not see any significant drop when my home heating system kicked in. He suggested using the breaker to fully reset the heater. This worked once, but not every time during the problem period. He checked EVERYTHING and seems to think it has something to do with dew point, humidity, and temperature.

This morning we were back to dry air and while it did not automatically start at 8 AM as it should have, I was able to get it started on the 2nd attempt it made in the cycle. At some time within a half hour I went to check it but it had stopped, but when I restarted the process it kicked in and ran all morning. Wife got to swim, yea!

Any ideas or insight would be helpful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.