Redduke916

Nov 19, 2019
oldsmar, Florida
Hello All, Symptom is a temp sensor shorted message with temp showing 231. Sensor is 12K Ohms disconnected at the board and not shorted to ground. I left the wires off and powered up. The message is open sensor? When I reconnected and powered up, it showed normal temp for 10-15 seconds then went up till it opened.

So I assume the board is bad, even though it measured an open correctly. Can anyone confirm? Mt question now is, the part number of the board is E0256902 AG. I think the AG is a revision or tech number as all the boards I see to buy have a single letter "L""M" etc. but not an "AG."

Does anyone know how I can confirm the full correct part number or does it not matter?

Thank-you

Red,

I doubt the board is bad.. Just swap the air and water connections at the board and see if the problem follows the bad probe... If it does, the probe is bad, if not the board is bad..

Even if I thought it was the board, I'd install a new thermistor just because they are so cheap and the board is so expensive.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Redduke916
Red,

I doubt the board is bad.. Just swap the air and water connections at the board and see if the problem follows the bad probe... If it does, the probe is bad, if not the board is bad..

Even if I thought it was the board, I'd install a new thermistor just because they are so cheap and the board is so expensive.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Good idea. I will give it a shot. Thanks. However, my system does not use the coil/air temp input.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.