Jandy Jxi Pool and Spa heater - Shorting and effecting the rest of my pool equipment! Help!

zsamnani

Jul 18, 2020
Newport Beach
Hello All,

I don't know if anyone else has had this specific problem with Jandy JXI heaters but I recently installed one a couple of months back and used it effectively from time to time to heat my spa. However when I leased my property so my tenant runs it constantly for the pool as well (as they should) but it has shorted a number of times. The first time it fried my pool board, transformer and the heater itself. The screen went blank and the coil on the inside was burned. I was told its a rare occurrence due to power surges and they replaced the parts and we moved on. However, it happened a second time with this time it affecting my actuator and heater. Again this was repaired and we hoped it was the last occurrence. IT finally happened a 3rd time and I had to replace the heater through Zodiac warranty and they sent me a new one. I have just installed it but really want to avoid a future issue.

Since they couldn't find the root of the problem, I want to know if any of you have any idea what causes it or how to avoid it in the future? I have a call to an electrician out to just look at everything but don't have any specific items to be done... what do you guys think?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.