Jandy JXI Heater Whine

darktimesGrandpa

Feb 26, 2021
OKC, OK
Hey guys, new user here. Had a "spool" (1400 gals) installed about a little over a month ago with a Jandy JXI400NK with integrated bypass valve installed and it started making this same noise:
. The poster commented saying it was a bad valve and I assume that's the thermal regulator valve (TRV) he's talking about. I can also get it to stop whining if I increase the RPM on the variable speed pump to greater than 3000RPM.

I thought it was possibly dirty startup filters so I cleaned those filters and it didn't whine initially but has now started again. I think the temperature may have something to do with it.

I'm going to have this dealt with through PB warranty, but was curious anyone else's thoughts?

What makes you think the whine is internal to the heater? Does it only make the noise when the heater is on?

Something is loose somewhere and vibrating with the water flow. Could be a bad check valve or other valve you have in your plumbing.

Let your PB fix it under warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.