Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My Jandy Jxi 400 NG heater wouldn’t ignite this weekend. It’s only 3-4 months old and I just used it multiple times last week.

This weekend, when I tried starting it up, the air blower turned on, then after several seconds I smelled NG for a few seconds, after which I heard a click and a soft gas sound, which I believe is the gas valve closing. This repeated three times until the heater shuts down with a Check IGN Seq fault. The Fenwal led blinks three times indicating a soft ignition lockout.

Wires look fine to me.

Looking through the top sight glass, at no point do I see any orange glow.

Am I correct in thinking this is a broken igniter? It is still under warranty so will get a tech out. Haven’t touched anything myself besides taking the panel off to look thru the sight glass.

See link to video here:

@setsailsoon

It is the ignitor and they are very easy to replace I've done it on mine. My original ignitor lasted only 1 season but since replacement has gone 3 more.

Thanks as always @PoolGate. Hopefully the Jandy tech can get it fixed quick and has the part on hand.

I must say, I’m not super impressed with Jandy so far. I’ve had a quirky Aqualink PDA issue where my pump didn’t turn on as schedule (which self resolved with a reset of the program), an actuator that didn’t turn for a while (which self resolved with no known change), and now this heater issue, all within the first 4 months.

I am learning a lot about my equipment though :)

I ended up getting the part from a local pool store and fixing it myself. The Tech was taking projecting weeks lead time and I wanted to swim. It was a super easy fix if you’re ok with some DIY.

When I pulled the igniter out, it had actually snapped, no idea how. No wonder it didn’t light. So there’s a chunk of the igniter sitting in the heater somewhere. :confused:

Reactions: PoolGate
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.