Jandy JEP 2.0 (AO Smith motor) not working

ladsjohn

Bronze Supporter
Mar 2, 2012
San Diego, CA
I have an Aqualink RS4 with PDA connected to a small 1HP pump (water feature) and my main JEP 2.0 variable speed pump (runs the pool filter and switches to the spa).

The RS4 has given me problems on and off in recent years. After resetting it (breaker) it will cycle through all the LEDs as if doing some sort of POST, but never complete.
I've considered replacing it but inevitably switching it off for a few hours and back on fixes it. Not sure if that is related to this problem, but.....probably.

A few days ago, the RS4 is not responding. The main pump breaker has tripped also. I do a reset on the RS4 (hold in the reset button) and power everything up.
When I try to turn on the JEP 2.0 (either via the PDA or at the board in service mode); I hear the relay click, hear a faint sound in the pump and that's it.

To troubleshoot I:
- Check voltage at the pump. All looks good
- Verify the dip switches are correct. Unsurprisingly, they are fine

So I start to page through the system setup on the PDA and find that the pump is present but it's 'APPLICATION' is set to "NOT INSTALLED".

I toggle it to 'FILTRATION' and bingo - the pump comes to life.
The Menu options are:
MENU->SYSTEM SETUP->VAR SPEED PUMP-> PUMP APPLICATION->PUMP1->

I was on the verge of calling a Pro and/or buying a new pump. Hope the above helps someone else out there.

My smaller 1HP pump is completely missing from my menu choices. I don't think it will be too difficult to re-add once I figure out how.

Thanks

I think the RESET on the RS4 cleared your setup and programming as well as any gremlins. Now you need to reenter the stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.