Jandy iAqualink Temp Gauge reading wrong!

Apr 13, 2017
Little Elm Texas
I have noticed now twice my waterfalls have kicked off with freeze protect kicking off.
It happened today and I noticed the air temp was reading 48 degrees! It is 28 out right now.
The temp guage just hangs there from the control box, so i dont know if the direct sunlight caused this.
I moved it up under the box more in the shade, and it dropped to 35. Still high.

Anyone know how to calibrate this thing, or should I replace it?

Place the air temperature sensor where it does not get direct sunlight.

I get this problem when the sun shines through a window directly on a wall thermostat.

No way to calibrate the sensor. You can test it with a multimeter.

If the sensor resistance does not track the temperature then replace it.

I put one of my bearded dragon temp gauges out there to see what the temp actually is. ya, I put it under the box in the shade and it dropped back down to 35.
35 is still high, well according to the local weather as it is supposed to be 28 out.
I bumped my freeze protection up to 42 for today and tonight to offer me some protection (I am in Texas)

If a second gauge says it is 35 at that location then it likely is.

You don't know where the local weather temperature is measured at what the environment is there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.