Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello iAquaLink users, I'm having a strange issue on a RS4 and a RS8. On the iAquaLink touch interface there is a "Help" button at the bottom to display the pool contractor information. When this menu option is clicked on, it briefly shows for a split second (with no information) and then goes to the "waiting for connection" loader and goes back to the dashboard. Also when going to the setup and clicking the "Product Info" option it does the same thing. Has anybody experienced this issue and if so, is there a fix?

Edit: I also performed a "Clear Memory" which erased my configuration but did not clear the name in the "customize service info" section. When it briefly loads, it appears to be hung up on loading the phone number. I also tried to access it from a desktop browser. Revision is T.2 for both previous RS4 and new RS8 CPU boards.

Also, Dusk Mode does not work. It will not automatically turn on or off any devices according to the schedule.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure about the "Product Info" section but that does read all of the system information so possibly something is having issues causing this section not to work. If this was your only issue, I would live without it. But try calling Jandy if you are Internet connected and registered with them, they will be able to get into and control your system. Does it work from the phone/web interface?

For the dusk setup, I use this for my landscape lighting and it works great. Make sure to setup your timezone and any adjustments.

1619179662251.png
1619179697872.png
1619179678997.png

Hi @PoolGate ,

Thank you! My setup looks exactly as yours. I disabled and re-enabled, changed the time zone, local, off time, and time adjust just to see if that change would trigger it to start working, but it did not.

It does not work from the phone or the web interface. I called Jandy and there were not very helpful. I had to push several times to get a ticket created with the IoT team. The gentlemen I spoke to did not know what the issue was but said the entire board needs to be replaced.

I asked the question, is there a way to reset the main board, possibly by bridging two contacts during boot? Support was unaware of a procedure to reset the main board on the power center. Maybe there is?

I then plugged back in the RS4 CPU and the issue continued but now under the Product Info when the page is briefly displayed it shows ☒☒☒☒=>?@AB under the Customize Product Name instead not the default name.

Thanks,
Christopher

Last edited:
Christopher,

It sounds like you have some garbled info in the Product info memory that is messing things up. That doesn’t explain why you can’t change it but you might try clearing all the memory in the Aqualink and then reconfigure everything.

From the web interface choose “System Setup” then press the right arrow “>” twice and then select the “Clear Memory” item. This will default the unit back to factory settings requiring you to reconfigure things but it might also clear out that corrupt Product Info memory.

I hope this helps,

Mark

Hi @MSchutzer,
Thank you for the advice. This was the exact same step we performed. It cleared everything except for what is under the product info unfortunately.

What's strange is how it is also affecting the dusk settings from not running. Maybe there's more corruption in other areas.

When you change the main board, did you write down the AUX settings and re-create that with the new board? I replaced my board and that was part of the initial programming. If you did not do that, aqualink will not know where anything is.

These are the instructions: https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0293700.pdf

Also make sure you choose a city and a timezone. Nothing was really accurate for me so I chose Toronto and also added a -45 minute adjustment from that. You may be the same as me.

What is your "Sunset at:" time? Do a print screen of that screen.

1619197670723.png

Hi @PoolGate , appreciate the support. I got it working despite Jandy saying the boards need to be replaced. After looking into the issue of the interface crashing, it appeared to crash as soon as it loaded the phone number, and the pool provider name also had some illegal characters being displayed. I suspect it was the phone # field. I was able to use chrome developer tools, replicate a slower connection so the page wouldn't load so quickly and then get to the keyboard to change the name and phone number before the rest of the page loaded. That did the trick. Once that was done, the page loaded fine without crashing and the dusk schedule operated correctly!

• Love
Reactions: PoolGate
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.