Jandy iAqualink 3.0 RS8- Not showing Pool Temperature

rjmcinnis

Jan 22, 2024
Tampa FL
Hello I am very new, and just learning. My PB scheduled my "Filter Pump" to run for 8 hours at 3450rpms, which of course is using a crazy amount of electricity. I went into the schedule, changed it from 8 to 2, and added two additional times running at 2000rpms, for a total runtime of 16 hours.

I did that by selecting "Main Pool", then 2000rpms for each of the two additional times.

When it's in "Filter Pump" window, it shows Pool Temp, but when it's in "Main Pool - 2000rpms", it does not.

Did I do something wrong? Or does Jandy only show temp under "Filter Pump", which I believe is a different setting type (more like hardcoded)?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP.

Run Filter/pump the entire time you want the pump running at ANY speed. The filter pump rpm needs to be lowest you want the pump to run such as 2000 rpm.

Then you schedule "High RPM" for your 2 hours skimming.

Higher speed always wins when multiple speeds are requested.

You should never need to run your pump at 3450 RPM. Try 2400 or 2800 rpm and see how you like the result.

When it's in "Filter Pump" window, it shows Pool Temp, but when it's in "Main Pool - 2000rpms", it does not.
There are 2 steps that need to be done
First go into the VSP setup and migrate to the Speed Screen - you have 8 labels to choose from. Set the POOL label to the lowest speed you want your pump to run at for majority of time.
Then set another label to some name such as Mix Speed or Med Speed or similar. Set the RPM to a number higher than the POOL setting

Now go into Schedule and set Filter Pump to the POOL speed for the max duration of your pump running
Then set another schedule for Med Speed to be within the time of the POOL speed above.

The pump will turn on and run at POOL speed then when it reaches the time for MED Speed it will ramp up for that duration, then ramp back down to POOL speed at the end of the MED speed schedule. Then the Pump will turn off at the end of the POOL scheduled time.
See my 2 screens
If you have any questions. - post the same screen shots as below.
IMG_0510.pngIMG_0511.png

There are 2 steps that need to be done
First go into the VSP setup and migrate to the Speed Screen - you have 8 labels to choose from. Set the POOL label to the lowest speed you want your pump to run at for majority of time.
Then set another label to some name such as Mix Speed or Med Speed or similar. Set the RPM to a number higher than the POOL setting

Now go into Schedule and set Filter Pump to the POOL speed for the max duration of your pump running
Then set another schedule for Med Speed to be within the time of the POOL speed above.

The pump will turn on and run at POOL speed then when it reaches the time for MED Speed it will ramp up for that duration, then ramp back down to POOL speed at the end of the MED speed schedule. Then the Pump will turn off at the end of the POOL scheduled time.
See my 2 screens
If you have any questions. - post the same screen shots as below.
View attachment 573137View attachment 573138
Ok, I think I did what you said correctly. Here are my screenshots:
First are Before:
882AF7E7-F923-462B-AEFF-3FAACB073F4A.pngE121C939-62CB-43DE-B149-3CEEEC968C80.png

These are after:
2B146DA5-1A36-4DAB-BA2C-5DDE78587E77.png9E17779A-F30F-42FB-8E9D-0C2AEE4FD332.pngF4E88FD2-098D-4A0C-BDA1-CD342E730E18.png9411B7F4-B951-405F-A2E3-AB2A0BBDEDF9_1_102_o.jpeg

I'm still in the first 30 days of my new pool. Once passed that, and the SWC gets turned on and stabilized, I will start looking to reduce overall RPMs and maybe move to 24hour runtime. I'll keep reading here, but it seems like a lot run 24/7 low rpm.

According the the Jandy "Pump speed savings calculator", right now I am getting just over 4 turnovers per day. The original PB schedule was 3.5 turnovers.

Welcome to TFP.

Run Filter/pump the entire time you want the pump running at ANY speed. The filter pump rpm needs to be lowest you want the pump to run such as 2000 rpm.

Then you schedule "High RPM" for your 2 hours skimming.

Higher speed always wins when multiple speeds are requested.

You should never need to run your pump at 3450 RPM. Try 2400 or 2800 rpm and see how you like the result.
I was a bit confused by your reply, so if you look at my "after" schedule below, I still have a 1 minute break between speeds. Are you saying set say my 12hour @2000rpm, then just add a 2 hour block with time in the middle, instead of 3 separate schedules?

Change the first Filter Pump entry and make it START 8AM and STOP 8PM.

Delete the second Filter Pump entry.

It will also be better if you call Filter Pump Pool. I have seen the Aqualink do funky things when the circuit names are not the same as the Speed Labels for Pool and Spa.

9e17779a-f30f-42fb-8e9d-0c2aee4fd332-png.573198

Are you saying set say my 12hour @2000rpm, then just add a 2 hour block with time in the middle, instead of 3 separate schedules?

Yes.

You want Pool (Filter Pump) to be on anytime the pump is running at any speed.

Change the first Filter Pump entry and make it START 8AM and STOP 8PM.

Delete the second Filter Pump entry.

It will also be better if you call Filter Pump Pool. I have seen the Aqualink do funky things when the circuit names are not the same as the Speed Labels for Pool and Spa.

9e17779a-f30f-42fb-8e9d-0c2aee4fd332-png.573198
I don't know where to change the name from "Filter Pump" to "Pool". That was set up by the PB and I haven't found it?

I don't know where to change the name from "Filter Pump" to "Pool". That was set up by the PB and I haven't found it?
Then don't worry about it if everything else is working properly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Then don't worry about it if everything else is working properly.
Everything seems to work so far. There are definately quirks. Like when I click the "Heat Pump" icon in the web interface, it says none connected. I have a Jandy JRT3000R, which is a heat pump. And it turns on with both the pool and the spa, and shows up in the regular user interface.

Everything seems to work so far. There are definately quirks. Like when I click the "Heat Pump" icon in the web interface, it says none connected. I have a Jandy JRT3000R, which is a heat pump. And it turns on with both the pool and the spa, and shows up in the regular user interface.

I suspect your HP is connected to the Gas Heater relay and your Aqualink does not know what type of heater it is controlling. It treats it as a generic heater.

Heat Pump would work if your JRT HP was connected using RS-485 which your installer probably did not do.

If you want to dig into your HP - Aqualink connection we can point you int he right direction.

I'm still in the first 30 days of my new pool. Once passed that, and the SWC gets turned on and stabilized, I will start looking to reduce overall RPMs and maybe move to 24hour runtime. I'll keep reading here, but it seems like a lot run 24/7 low rpm.

According the the Jandy "Pump speed savings calculator", right now I am getting just over 4 turnovers per day. The original PB schedule was 3.5 turnovers.
With a SWCG, plan to run longer pump times but at lower speed as this will put a little chlorine in your pool at a consistent rate throughout the schedule. As noted, many of us run 24 hrs but a quirk in Jandy is that you cannot set On time the same as Off time. You will note in my schedule in earlier post there is a 15 min gap - you can make this any gap you wish as long as it is greater than 1 min.

As Allen state - only have 1 schedule for filter pump that runs the entire time you wish the pump to run in a 24 hr period. Then in the VSP speed setting - put in the lowest speed you want to run the pump and that it also turns on the SWCG flow sensor. Mine is 1550rpm, yours may be higher or lower. There is no need to have 2 speed labels designated as the same speed - yours shows POOL is 2000rpm and label 2000RPM is also at 2000rpm. I would change the POOL to 1800rpm for the time being until you turn on SWCG and test with that.

There is no need to run your pump at the ORIGINAL MAIN - 3445rpm. It appears you are trying to get a certain turnover rate and in general that is not important. The pump should run for specific purposes such as running your SWCG, a higher rate for improved Skimming and a higher rate for running the heater. The VS pump is more efficient at lower rpm but for longer duration.

Hope this helps and let us know what else is needed.