Jandy Heater Physical Lock

RickAg

Dec 1, 2021
Indio, CA
I have a Jandy Jxi heater at a home that will be used as an occasional short term rental. If the pool needs to be heated, the management company will utilize Aqualink (or physical access if required).

I'd like to prevent guests from accessing the physical heater controls. Has anyone seen a physical lock solution to lock the heater control panel?

I see Hayward has one for their heaters, but I haven't been able to find anything similar for Jandy.

I would epoxy some eyes to the lid and below the lid that you can put a lock through…

I could be wrong but I thought if the jxi was in a remote mode, the heater wont fire from the heater itself, unless you hold pool and spa and mode for 5 seconds and have to go through settings putting it back into standalone mode.

I could be wrong but I thought if the jxi was in a remote mode, the heater wont fire from the heater itself, unless you hold pool and spa and mode for 5 seconds and have to go through settings putting it back into standalone mode.
I thought that's how it worked as well, but unfortunately I'm able to manually trigger the heater on the heater panel itself - even though it's setup in "HI-LO-COM" mode for control through Aqualink. If it was in able to be software locked out - that would eliminate the need for a physical lock.

It would be great if all this pool tech wasn't operating like we're still in 1995. :LOL:

I would epoxy some eyes to the lid and below the lid that you can put a lock through…

This sounds like the easiest option.

I also tried disconnecting a couple of wires from the heater panel (hoping it would just disable the display), but that appears to disable the heater entirely.

Joking aside, we've installed a handful of latches like this on a number of mastertemps. We would bridge the body and the display lid. https://a.co/d/c9LhCte

I've attached a subpar photo. I can't track down any of our work orders from install, only some service stop images that barely show the latch.

We anchored the base to the shell and the latch to the lid. The way the mechanism closes, the screws can't be accessed when it's locked. The tumblers in the keyed version do rust, so I'd recommend something more like what I linked to above, so you can replace the padlock overtime.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230301-232204.jpg
    Screenshot_20230301-232204.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.