Jandy Epump 2.7hp

Sep 3, 2017
Houston TX
I recently had a new 25k gallon pool constructed, no spa. The pool building told me after a month of operation I can adjust the Epump down a few hundred rpms but after reading here I see otherwise I was shocked to see that the builder had set the pump to run at 3450rpm which negates any savings I may benefit from while running 10 hours a day.

I decreased the pump speed to 2250rpm and will test water tomorrow and continue adjusting downward.

Question: is this the best approach to take or should I also be increasing pump time?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

The pump speed had very little impact on the water chemistry. To keep the chemistry mixed you only need a couple hours of run time.

The pump speed is more dictated by adequate flow for your skimmer or cleaner to work. Some members run 24/7 down around 1000rpm which is likely still cheaper than a few hours at high speed.

Thanks for the welcome!

I have a Zodiac Nature2 Fusion chlorinator loaded with Tablets. I see it has a setting from 1-5. If I go for 24 hours of use on the pump, I imagine I would need to decrease the setting on the chlorinator irregardless of the pump rpms - correct?

Well, some bad news.

We typically do not recommend the continually use of Trichlor tablets due to the build up on CYA that they add.

Also, we advocate that you should NEVER add metals to your water and that is what the nature 2 does. Try searching the forum for how to remove the metal pellets.

You need to be careful with a tab feeder. If the pump is off, the tabs continue to dissolve in the feeder and create very acidic chlorinated water that migrates through the system destroying everything it touches.

What tab feeder do you have?

e78691ee77dc3843b2a66a78a07316cb.png

The Zodiac Nature2 Fusion. It appears to be positioned on the output side of the primary pump and filter so I don't believe the tabs sitting in the holder with it turned off is going to be a problem.
Well the tablets may not cause any damage other than the buildup of the cya. But the use of the mineral packs could certainly stain your pool and turn hair green.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.