Jandy DEV60 O-rings

Dec 10, 2016
Tulsa, Ok
I've already solved this problem. I'm posting this hoping to save the next guy googling for a solution a few bucks and a headache along the say.

I took my Jandy DEV60 DE filter apart for cleaning last weekend. During disassembly the o-ring between the manifold and the outlet tube didn't survive. The local pool store which is a Jandy dealer was no help. They could have one in 5 days for $93 (I think that was actually the tank o-ring he looked up but still)

Looking at the Jandy Site this is part number R0792000. The issue is they don't sell that part, they only sell R0358000 (about $20) which is a kit that contains all o-rings in the unit.

CAUTION: Punching R0792000 in amazon looks like it returns a valid search result. What it actually returns is R0357800 (Also about $20) which is the Tank O-ring. At first glance that picture may look like a pack of two outlet o-rings and it is easy to order the wrong part. (don't ask me how I know this).

On the second go-around I got the correct kit from Amazon. Included in the box was this handy little chart:

WIN_20180504_08_20_47_Pro.jpgWIN_20180504_08_20_04_Pro.jpg

According to another site that sells o-rings that manifold to outlet o-ring is a AS568A-139. If the local hardware store doesn't have it, qty 50 is ~$10 on amazon.

Thanks for the info - is there consensus re: material choice? I've seen some info suggesting that EPDM is most-appropriate for pumps and filters, whereas the Amazon find is Buta-N (Nitrile), which may be a lesser quality material for the use in pumps/filters. Of course, if you have 100 of them, maybe it's not an issue.

Thanks,
-Jim

I've already solved this problem. I'm posting this hoping to save the next guy googling for a solution a few bucks and a headache along the say.

I took my Jandy DEV60 DE filter apart for cleaning last weekend. During disassembly the o-ring between the manifold and the outlet tube didn't survive. The local pool store which is a Jandy dealer was no help. They could have one in 5 days for $93 (I think that was actually the tank o-ring he looked up but still)

Looking at the Jandy Site this is part number R0792000. The issue is they don't sell that part, they only sell R0358000 (about $20) which is a kit that contains all o-rings in the unit.

CAUTION: Punching R0792000 in amazon looks like it returns a valid search result. What it actually returns is R0357800 (Also about $20) which is the Tank O-ring. At first glance that picture may look like a pack of two outlet o-rings and it is easy to order the wrong part. (don't ask me how I know this).

On the second go-around I got the correct kit from Amazon. Included in the box was this handy little chart:

View attachment 76277View attachment 76276

According to another site that sells o-rings that manifold to outlet o-ring is a AS568A-139. If the local hardware store doesn't have it, qty 50 is ~$10 on amazon.
I have a Jandy DEL60 filter and had the same problem with the manifold to outlet tube O-Ring. No pool store could help me; they couldn't provide a part number and couldn't physically match the O-Ring. After considerable effort, the OE part number (that was not in the breakdown for the original owner's manual is Hayward R0442500. Googling this number returns that the O-Ring is either NLA or it's $33 - $80 for a small rubber O-Ring! Holy cow! Well they forced me to do the research. The O-ring measures: Fractional Width 3/32, Inside Dia. 2-3/16, Outside Dia. 2-3/8. (This is a number 139 O-Ring.) Understanding that chlorinator O-rings are usually made of Viton or FKM, that's what I looked for. I found Viton AS568A-139: Grainger item # 1BYN2, $7.75 / pkg. of 10. Get 75 Shore A hardness (90 is far too stiff). So it will cost you $0.78 for the O-Ring and you can sell the other nine for many hundreds of dollars based on what the going rate seems to be.

Attachments

• Grainger.jpg
    Grainger.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 12

View attachment 76277View attachment 76276

Thank you for posting this! I own a small pool business and was shocked to find many of these o-rings are sold only as entire kits long with un-needed pieces and at stratospheric prices. All the manufactures seem to be doing this, having been in business for 35 years I remember a time when you could get every little piece and part to repair anything and something like an o-ring would be 20 cents. I feel like the pool industry is going the way of consumer electronics where it's cheaper to throw away than repair because parts are hard to find and so expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.