Jandy controller giving "firmware" error

Oceansol

May 26, 2015
Oceanside, California
My salt sensor has gone bad, and i opened up the panel and shut off the breakers to see how involved replacing the sensor would be.

I decided to call my pool guy so i closed it up and flipped on the breaker. But now the controller on the was says "firmware rev B12".

But doesnt work. However, pump is running fone as programmed. I pushed the reset button several times and saw the lights run through their cycle.

Its a holiday and jandy closed.

Any ideas?

Seriously? No one has ever seen this?

To recap: salt sensor bad. I have a backup and wanted to open up the panel to see what was involved in replacing it myself. I flipped off the breakers and removed the covers to see the SWCG controller board, determined that it was a bigger job than i wanted to handle, buttoned everything back up, flipped back on the breakers and the wall controller is frozen.

Any ideas are welcome!

Attachments

• 20181123_091126.jpg
    20181123_091126.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 32
I assume it is a wired One Touch? I would suspect that one or more of the Communication wires between the One Touch in the house and the RS control board came loose, especially if that's what you opened up for your SWG problem. Power it off again and find the 4-wire reddish brown connector into the RS control board. Check that all 4 wires are firmly in place. They can come loose or get crimped if you move the RS control board around. I'd guess it's the yellow and/or black wire, but also check the red and green.

Turn off power and unplug the trisensor (salt sensor) from the circuit board and power back on.

The firmware note is just the revision, it's not an error notice.

What does the display on the Aqualink box show?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.