Jandy AquaPure Salt Water Chlorinator - no chlorine production

Aug 11, 2018
Simi Valley
I just installed my pool about 2 months ago and was waiting for the recommended 2 months prior to changing from regular chlorine to salt. I have the Jandy AquaPure Electronic Salt Water Chlorinator and about 2 weeks ago completed dumping in about 400 lbs of salt into my pool. The control panel says the salt level is at 3.4 mpl and I have set the "chlorine production" level to 100%. I have brought my water a couple of times to the local pool store for testing and they keep telling me that there is no chlorine in my water and I have to keep adding shock in order to stop algae growth. I do see an error code on the control panel occasionally popup; it is 120 for "low current in the forward direction". The fix is to check the DC cord, which looks properly secure and installed.

Any idea why chlorine is not being produced or why I am getting this error code?

I have brought my water a couple of times to the local pool store for testing and they keep telling me that there is no chlorine in my water and I have to keep adding shock in order to stop algae growth.

Any idea why chlorine is not being produced or why I am getting this error code?

First do you have a proper test kit? If not is recommend getting one. Either the Taylor 2006c or TF-100.

Next I would use pool math to determine the amount of liquid chlorine needed (or regular bleach, no fragrances not splashless, no colormax) to get your pool to the proper FC level and add it.

Then complete an overnight chlorine loss test to confirm you don’t already have an algae break out.

After that if you don’t pass the test do a SLAM. If you do pass the test I would then turn the swcg on and set it to 50%. Calculate the amount of FC it would produce over a 6 hour period using the swcg calculator (see link in signature). I would then run the pump and aquapure for 6 hours overnight and see if I had a chlorine rise. If you do and it about what you expected from the calculator the aquapure is working correctly.

For the error code if it’s a new system I would contact the pool builder after doing everything above. You could also check l the connections. And if needed give Jandy tech support a call.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.