Jandy Aquapure RS - no power to green 10-pint terminal bar

mdavidx8

Apr 19, 2024
orlando fl
1713552320501.png Hi Team: I have the aquapure rs with low voltage electric heat pump. The heat pump works fine manually. When I switch the heat on with the app or manually, I hear the relay move and the control board 'heater' light turns on/off as expected. However, the heater does not turn on. With voltmeter, I found that there is no power coming out of terminals #1 or #2 (low voltage heater) on the green 10-pin terminal bar. Appox 24+v comes out of the vacant 'electric heater' plug at the bottom of the control board. Switch 1 dip switches 1 & 2 are on, also Switch 2 heat priority is on. Remote on heat pump was tested by Jandy pro.

Is there a fuse that controls power to the the green 10-pin terminal bar? Something else i can check and fix relative to the terminal bar? Can I use the vacant 'electric heater' plug to connect the heat pump?

Thx in advance.

Welcome to TFP.

The heater relay on the Aqualink board is just an ON/OFF relay switch. No power is supplied by the Aqualink. The relay closes the circuit for your Heat Pump telling it to run.

What model Heat Pump do you have?

With most heat pumps there is a control panel setting you need to set to tell it to be controlled by the automation.

Welcome to TFP.

The heater relay on the Aqualink board is just an ON/OFF relay switch. No power is supplied by the Aqualink. The relay closes the circuit for your Heat Pump telling it to run.

What model Heat Pump do you have?

With most heat pumps there is a control panel setting you need to set to tell it to be controlled by the automation.
Thanks so much for the insight on the relay. That changed my focus to the heat pump. It appears I just needed to set the Jandy JE3000T heat pump to 'Remote TStat'. I don't know who/how it got unset. But all is fine. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the insight on the relay. That changed my focus to the heat pump. It appears I just needed to set the Jandy JE3000T heat pump to 'Remote TStat'. I don't know who/how it got unset. But all is fine. Thanks again.

It helps us help you if you create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.