Jandy Aquapure Question

Jul 17, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Hello all

I have a Jandy Aquapure SWG and I think it may be coming to an end. My question is, will it just quit all at once, or do they slowly lose their effectiveness?

It's just over 3 years old. The sensor was replaced last summer (warranty). Tuesday morning, after cleaning filters and SWG one month ago, I noticed some algae on the sides of the pool. I checked the app, and I was getting a general fault warning, 121. I took the SWG off, and it had some calcium buildup, but nothing crazy. Cleaned it, brushed algae areas off sides of pool, put the SWG back, and everything seemed to be working okay. It was a little cloudy, so I put it on 24 hour boost, and got the general fault again after running for about an hour. When I turned it off, then back on the normal setting, it does not get the general fault, but I noticed more algae on the sides of the pool today with the SWG running at 75% from 8am to 6pm. This is the third summer, and this has not happened before.

Everything I see online leads me to believe they don't last much longer than this. Any thoughts?

SWCG's either generate chlorine or they don't. What is the age of the SWCG? Can you post the diagnostics from the cell?

You should be testing your FC and pH pretty much every day in the summer. Supplement with liquid chlorine. And if you have seen algae in the pool, a SLAM Process is needed to eradicate it.

You will need a proper test kit to complete the SLAM process.

SWCG's either generate chlorine or they don't. What is the age of the SWCG? Can you post the diagnostics from the cell?

You should be testing your FC and pH pretty much every day in the summer. Supplement with liquid chlorine. And if you have seen algae in the pool, a SLAM Process is needed to eradicate it.

You will need a proper test kit to complete the SLAM process.

the SWCG was installed with the pool in the spring of 2015. I feel stupid asking, but how do I get the diagnostics from the cell?

I have a TF-100 test kit, but it's 2 years old, so readings could be suspect. PH looks to be about 7.1, a little low. FC reading at 1.5, but combined chlorine coming in over 3. I'm somewhat colorblind, so hard to be exact. When trying to test CYA, sample does not cloud up at all, so no CYA possibly?

The FC and CC tests are color to clear. If you have 3 cc, you need to SLAM Process

Cya for a SLAM should be 30-40 ppm. For normal operations with a SWCG in our climate 80 ppm is appropriate.

Jandy AquaPure Error/Service Codes

Error code before cleaning cellwas 121. No error code now, but have not turned boost on.

When adding powder to 10 ml water sample for FC test, it goes from clear to cloudy pink. Adding chemical brings it to cloudy white. after 3 drops.

Will slamming pool increase CYA level, or do I need to add conditioner and raise CYA level first?

SLAM Process is a process to clear the pool of organics. You might do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight to confirm.

You should get reagent refills now.

Your CYA has to be added. Add enough CYA powder, aka stabilizer, to a sock to get to 30 ppm. When SLAM is down you will need to adjust that to 80 ppm.

Walmart is cheaper.

Well, took in a water sample to test.

CYA 10

PH - 7.2 (After not adding muriatic acid for a week)

FC and CC both measured at 0 there. It's not making chlorine for whatever reason.

Their salt measurement was 2250, whereas my measurement is 3100

I think I'm in over my head at this point and need to call a pool service so I don't blow a bunch of money "fixing" things not broke.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sounds like your salt level could be too low. I assume you do not have a salt test kit at home. Consider getting one soon.

If you want to believe the PS results on the salt (I do not on the other items especially) try adding some salt to see if your SWCG responds.

You should still be adding liquid chlorine and running the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

mknauss

Wanted to say thank you for all your help. As it turns out, my SWG was kaput. That said, grape ape was right. I paid $125 for a guy to come out, look at it, no electrical testing, and tell me they go bad after 3-4 years. He added 4 lbs of stabilizer to get my CYA up, and charged me $60 for it. Lesson learned.

I began seeing small patches of green algae, and a few black dots on the pool floor (black algae?)before SWG replaced. I ordered replacement chemicals for my Taylor test kit, then went ahead and did a slam. Besides a CH reading of 700, apparently normal with Vegas hard water, 2 weeks later all readings in the sweet spot!

Good job.

Fill water CH is about 250 ppm if you are on LVVWD. So the water is a couples years old or so. Might want to consider a drain and refill this winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.