Jun 30, 2021
Barrie, ON Canada
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey - looking for a bit of help. We have an Aquapure EI salt water sanitation system (yes, I know it's old!). We recently changed the salt cell and all was working fine for a few weeks then after the last set of storms/power cuts we noticed its stopped generating chlorine. The panel when flow is turned on is showing "off" and when flow is off "no flow" so power is fine but we can't turn it on. We thought maybe the pcb had gone but lcd board looks fine. The back board though..it looks like a resistor may have blown and not sure about one of the square block things (not sure what they are called). Any experts out there that can tell me if this board has had it and this is what would be causing power on but won't turn on for generation?? We can replace it but its about $700 so dont want to do that if it wont help. Pics attached! Thank you so much for the help.

Attachments

• IMG-20230728-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230728-WA0003.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20230728-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230728-WA0002.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20230728-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230728-WA0001.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 5
I doubt anyone here can tell you more then you already know about your burnt board.

How old is your cell?

If your cell is old consider getting a new different SWG system.

I doubt anyone here can tell you more then you already know about your burnt board.

How old is your cell?

If your cell is old consider getting a new different SWG system.
Yeah. After putting it back together it was magically working then today it says test cell??? Any recommendations for a different SWG system? Ideally one which won't need to change all the wiring!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.