Jandy AquaPure 1400 trouble

daveva

May 25, 2014
amsterdam ohio
The indicator lights on my aqualink read power on , cell on , flow and cell reversing . The cell reversing will not go out unless I turn off the pump by putting it into service mode and putting it back into auto. At times the cell on ,cell resting ,flow ,and cell reversing lights will all be on. No service or fault codes .Thanks for your help

In the picture, it's running in the forward direction. So, that at least indicates that it can work in the forward direction.

The reverse time is 3 hours. Try turning it off and then back on and check it in 3 hours to make sure that it switches polarity.

Does the Flow light ever go out while the pump is on?

I don't think the flow light has ever went out when the pump is running but I'll watch it . So far today it seems to be ok. I did notice yesterday when it went into cell reversing the green light would not go out until I shut the pump off and then turned it back on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m not sure I understand. It turned on at 9 o’clock with cell on no reverse light. At approximately 12 o’clock it went into cell reversing. At approximately 3 o’clock it should have a went into cell forward with no reverse light on. Would that be correct ? It’s now in its 4 th hour with reverse light on

If it switched from forward to reversing at about noon, it should have switched from reverse to forward at about 3:00.

Give it a few more hours to see if it goes back to forward.

Note if the cell resting light comes on during the cycle.

Well unfortunately were experiencing some bad weather through here and the power flickered so that sent it right back into the cell forward cycle. Which seems normal as shown in the picture below. The cell resting light does come on during cell forward cycle and the cell reversing.

Attachments

• BF4DD3CB-2730-4143-BBB3-1B4608560CAE.jpeg
    BF4DD3CB-2730-4143-BBB3-1B4608560CAE.jpeg
    400.6 KB · Views: 5
I have seen a few reports of the system getting stuck in the cell reversing mode.

I don't know why it would happen or what can be done other than replacing the circuit board.

It should switch back to forward every morning when it powers back on.

It produces the same amount of chlorine in forward or reverse. So, I don't know that I would worry too much about it.

It might cause more scale buildup in the cell. So, you should do more checking on the cell for scale.

You can replace the circuit board if you want, but I would probably save the money if it's working anyway.

I should tell you what started this whole event off was when I cleaned the cell before shut down last fall I put the cell in the wrong flow direction. I didn’t notice this until the chlorine went to zero. I don’t know if I damaged the cell or not. I don’t know if the cell is producing chlorine because I had to shock the pool because I had algae growing . I don’t know if a bad cell would cause the circuit board to malfunction.

The cell will work in either direction.

There's an arrow showing the correct direction but the cell will work either way and it should not be damaged if installed backwards.

If there are no errors indicated, it's probably working and producing chlorine.

You can put an amp meter on the power wires if you feel comfortable doing that to check the amperage.

The amperage will be about 3.5 amps for the 700 model.

The PLC700 model only has 7 plates whereas the PLC1400 has 13 plates.

The 700 makes about 0.7 lbs of chlorine per day compared to the 1400, which makes 1.4 lbs per day.

When you do need a new cell, you should get a PLC1400. You would need to modify the circuit board to change the setting to the 1400 model.

How many gallons is the pool?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.