Jandy aquapure 1400 "service" but no code

Cycle power and then watch the screen for an error code.

Here is a test procedure that you can do.

Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the front board. Press and hold the test buttons marked salinity and R-temp.

While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.

While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It should read 75° F or 24° C.

Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .

If the readings are correct then the front board is O.K. and the problem is with the flow sensor.

On the other hand if the readings are different then it indicates that there is a problem with the front board.

Cycle power and then watch the screen for an error code.

Here is a test procedure that you can do.

Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the front board. Press and hold the test buttons marked salinity and R-temp.

While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.

While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It should read 75° F or 24° C.

Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .

If the readings are correct then the front board is O.K. and the problem is with the flow sensor.

On the other hand if the readings are different then it indicates that there is a problem with the front board.

Wow... I need to study this for a while and do some practice runs... I did also contact Jandy and I expect a call back soon. I'll mention this to him (or her) when they call. THANKS!

Reactions: JamesW
Don’t trust Leslie’s. Their readings are way off what I get with my test kit, including their salt measurement. And you can’t trust the default accuracy of your SWG either.

I have an Aquapure 1400 also. Leslies said 2400 ppm salt. The Aquapure said 3800. My home test kit (Taylor) said 3000, which is what I trust. So I recalibrated the Aquapure to match my home test result.

Don’t trust Leslie’s. Their readings are way off what I get with my test kit, including their salt measurement. And you can’t trust the default accuracy of your SWG either.

I have an Aquapure 1400 also. Leslies said 2400 ppm salt. The Aquapure said 3800. My home test kit (Taylor) said 3000, which is what I trust. So I recalibrated the Aquapure to match my home test result.
Thats a great idea. I just ordered some reagents from TFtest kits, I'll order their salt test.

Updating this thread hoping for more replies. First, JamesW, I haven't yet tried your solution, but I will this weekend...

My update is that while I was on the phone with a Jandy tech, I was watching longer the AP control board display, and finally I saw it cycled the 121 code. I also checked my CYA. Here's my specs right now:

temp 77
FC 4.0 ( added liquid chlorine Wed)
pH 8.2
TA 90
CH 400
CYA 70
salt 2900 (from sensor)
CSI 0.5 | -0.47
LSI 0.78 | -.12

thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.